Pictures in texts

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I get texts with pictures in them, the picture just shows up. Other times, it makes it seem like I was sent a video. There is a ~10 second clip with the picture in the middle. You can't fast-forward and it's a pain. Is there any way to turn that "feature" off? It is the same in handcent and the stock messaging app.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it has to do with who is sending the pic. The only time it happens to me is when the person sending a pic is using an iPhone.

Reactions: Rocko

m0nti13

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think this might have to do with the device that's sending the MMS... My sister used to send me MMS pictures that did this from her dumb phone... When she got the Incredible, this went away...

It's just a guess... Does this happen from the same contact?

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
iPhones send pics as slideshows or videos and it's a pain to view them. Long press on the image in the message thread and select view image.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it has to do with who is sending the pic. The only time it happens to me is when the person sending a pic is using an iPhone.
I've had this happen from blackberry contacts as well.
I think this might have to do with the device that's sending the MMS... My sister used to send me MMS pictures that did this from her dumb phone... When she got the Incredible, this went away...

It's just a guess... Does this happen from the same contact?
It happens once in a while, not always from the same contact.

It's weird though, when she sends me pics, sometimes it will be there as the actual picture and sometimes it will have the play button and will be a slide show.
iPhones send pics as slideshows or videos and it's a pain to view them. Long press on the image in the message thread and select view image.
Yea, that's a pain though! :) There's no way to automatically have your phone receive it as a picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy