BH6X battery help

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I need some help. I just purchased the Motorola MH6X battery for my DroidX phone. A while back, I got the Seidio battery, but after GPS problems, stopped using it, and now I am in need of another battery, so why not get the 1800 rather than 1500, right?

Well, anyways, I got it, and charged it up (although it only took a short time for initial charge). I took it off,and within 30 minutes of very little use, it was down to 70%. Within 2 hours, the battery was completely drained, so I would charge it and same thing happened. One time, I was in a jam, so I switched back to original battery and when that died, I put the new BH6X battery in, and when I connected it to charge, it was sitting at 80% charge (which means that somewhere, something is going on and it is causing the battery to say it is dead, when in reality it is not dead).

Well, after enough of this, I called up the wonderful people at the Store, and they sent me a new one, and I returned my old one.

WELL, it appears the same thing may be happening. I just got it yesterday. I plugged it in for 2 hours last night for full charge, then unplugged it before going to bed. Now I know my phone uses very little if any battery power overnight, since data connection is turned off. Got up around 7 this morning, and my battery was reading 20% by noon. It got to 5% at 2:30 today (without any use at all between noon and 2:30), so I plugged it in. Within 30 minutes, the battery already had a 50% charge.

Am I going down the same road with this battery? Did anyone else have this same problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My easy fix would be get the 3500maH from Gorilla Gadgets. It has been a wonderful battery for me no matter my usage or setup.

Your battery issues may be coming from whatever ROM ur running either it be stock GB or something custom, or a hardware issue w the device itself. See what VZW has to say as well. Dig into that for now and see if you can find the issue.

Sent from the X of B

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I am stock.

Why would this issue only pop up once I put the BH6X battery in, and not with the original one. I used to be able to get full day (from 7:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM when I go to bed) on single charge with original battery, but over last few months, it has gone down to me having to charge it up when I leave work.

I am not really a heavy user. My last 12 month data usage is under 1GB each month. I check email, surf the web some after I leave work. I only talk on my phone maybe 500 minutes total per month (which is only approx 20 minutes per day), so we are not talking heavy user here. I keep Wifi on 100% of time since I will use Wifi in office and at home. GPS and Bluetooth always turned off, unless using, which is minimal.

I will keep check with the draining of the batter over the next few days and report back if I find something. If it keeps up, I will also call Verizon to see if they can help out.

Thanks

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It was 15 hours on battery. Here are results:

24% voice calls
21% display
18% Phone Idle
14% Cell Standby
13% Mobi.Mgeek.Tunnybrowser
5% K-9 Mail
4% WiFi
2% Android OS
2% USAToday

Now I am not sure what mobi.mgeek.Tunnybrowser is, but I will find out.

I had one phone call today that lasted for 16 minutes. One phone call go to voicemail. That is it, and that used 24% of the battery.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the BH6X battery here with no issues. Have you let it charge overnight? If not, why not? Do that for a couple of nights and let us know.

Tunny is Dolphin Browser. I think that was thw original name of the app.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. With the first BH6X I got, I charged it overnight every night for over 1 week before sending it back. As said previously, by the time I unplugged, got dressed and drove to work (30 minutes), I then had 70% battery, and with 2 hours, it was 5%.

I am hoping this one is better. I charged it last night all night long for the first time on this new battery. We will see.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's the same battery that I'm using, and I bought it here, and I'm happy with it. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe AndroidCentral got a bad batch from the supplier.

mooch91

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thought i had read there were two versions of the bh6x that responded differently in our phones. Believe there are two different part numbers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info on two versions. I used google to find that it appears I got the serial number of the batch that does not work properly with the X or X2.

I think I will just go to Amazon and pay $5 for a replacement 1500 battery. After having the phone for 16 months, I figured if I needed to buy a battery, why not go with the bigger size battery... oh well.

Thanks again for all of your help
Doug

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

I will post the information up here, since you all have been so helpful and I figure this is MY problem.

The battery that was sent to me from the store was SNN5893A, which is the upgrade battery, and from what I have read is meant to be standard battery to the Motorola Atrix.

The Original EXT Battery BH6X battery for the DroidX was SNN5880A. From all of the posts I can find, anytime someone says they have BH6X battery and it works properly, they have the SNN5880A version, although a few who have the other version seem to be working fine.

I typed BH6X into google, and found the link that explains it all, etc.
Thanks again. I called the store up and used their wonderful 60 day return policy to return it. I put a note inside with the battery that said it is not compatible with the DroidX, but whether they do anything with it is a different story.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty