Media Scanner haywire

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I did two things roughly concurrently and so I have no idea which one is the culprit here... Thursday, I updated to .621. Last night, I wiped then reloaded 18GB of music.

I left the X plugged into my computer overnight while the music syncing was going on, and then the media scanner was running all fraking day sucking down the battery life and making my normally quick enough X so sluggish, it'd lose a race vs a paralyzed snail. I'm using the BH6X battery, and that went from 100% to 40% in about five hours with only about five minutes of phone use. I can normally go at least 15 hours of the same use before getting that low on power.

As part of my diagnostics, I'm currently in the process of backing up the card, which will be followed by reformatting it then loading data back onto it, but less music. I'm going to build that up incrementally.

Mainly, at this point I'm wondering if anyone else has seen similar behavior with .621.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The card got corrupted. Reformatting and reloading was a success, but I have no idea why it happened. There are just too many things that happened in a short amount of time to narrow it down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87