copy n paste.

djdeadstock

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if the droid x will have copy n paste? i do gotta say thats one good thing about the BB storm. it comes in handy for when someone needs a contact sent to them or for an address for the GPS.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody know if the droid x will have copy n paste? i do gotta say thats one good thing about the BB storm. it comes in handy for when someone needs a contact sent to them or for an address for the GPS.

The nice thing about Android, is that all addresses are recognized (in emails, calendar invites, web pages, etc.) and you can just click on them and it will open the maps app.

To answer your copy and paste question: All you have to do is touch and hold selected text, then select Cut or Copy. To paste you touch and hold and then select Paste.

john_ecko

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's a good video on the copy and pasting functions. However, I have read that the copy and pasting funcitons are not the same when you're in the web browser. It's supposedly a lot more difficult.

Here
It's about 3 minutes in

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Since the Droid X uses Android 2.1, you wont be able to copy/paste with the Gmail app. i.e. you can't copy info out of gmail and paste into a contact record. (it was like this on my Moto Droid with 2.0 and 2.1, and my HTC Inc with 2.1)

With my moto droid now running the leaked or 3rd party Froyo (downloaded from -> MyDroidWorld Exclusive: Official Update (Leaked) FRF84B which is said to be the "official VZW update") on my Moto Droid (A855) you can't copy from inside the gmail app either. Then again, when viewing gmail via the browser (mobile or desktop view), you can't select/copy from an email. if you click on what it recognizes as a phone number, it will pop-up asking to add to contact, dial, or copy. It leaves me to wonder how complete this version of Froyo is (because on my INC with 2.1, I can select/copy while in the browser looking at either mobile or desktop version of gmail).

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The nice thing about Android, is that all addresses are recognized (in emails, calendar invites, web pages, etc.) and you can just click on them and it will open the maps app.

To answer your copy and paste question: All you have to do is touch and hold selected text, then select Cut or Copy. To paste you touch and hold and then select Paste.

This is good news to hear. It's always been hit or miss with my blackberry. I assume that addresses in the calendar apps are recognized just like they are in an email?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is good news to hear. It's always been hit or miss with my blackberry. I assume that addresses in the calendar apps are recognized just like they are in an email?

The location field has a little bullseye next to it, and if you click on it, it opens Maps. Having said that, I need to qualify my statement slightly. It's been, what seems like years ago, since I had the original Droid. I now have the Incredible and it's worked the way I describe. However, I'm not certain if the ability to do this in calendar appointments is an HTC Sense UI feature vs. stock Android. So unless someone who has an X can confirm this feature, we'll have to wait and see how it works.

As a frequent traveler, this is definitely a feature that I have appreciated.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Copy and paste on Android is essentially broken. This needs to be addressed.

Indeed, although the iphone-like zoom window in the X is nice. I don't think other Android phones have it (EVO, didn't). However, seems like they hobbled it by not allowing you to get out of select mode (per that video).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member