PC World: Droid X Debuts This Week; Expect Instant Hit

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
That really threw me for a loop. Maybe they left the word "doesn't" out I don't see how they can tell the whole world they expect no shortages then slip to a magazine that they really do expect the same issues.

Maybe (hopefully) they just mean maybe a week or 2 back order.... Which is still too long after the DINC.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That really threw me for a loop. Maybe they left the word "doesn't" out I don't see how they can tell the whole world they expect no shortages then slip to a magazine that they really do expect the same issues.

Maybe (hopefully) they just mean maybe a week or 2 back order.... Which is still too long after the DINC.

Verizon has had a bunch of phones sell out in the last year, because they didn't expect them to sell as well as they did. That's why I'm going to show up 1-hour early on Thursday morning. I'm not taking any chances.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has had a bunch of phones sell out in the last year, because they didn't expect them to sell as well as they did. That's why I'm going to show up 1-hour early on Thursday morning. I'm not taking any chances.

Yeah, I don't care what time I get to my store, because a friend of mine is an employee, and he told his manager that he'd like to reserve one for me as he knew I'd pay full price if I had to, and his manager was like "As long as he doesn't go somewhere else"

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Argh!

WTF I thought this was the opposite from what they were telling everyone else? I took that from the PCW article :confused:

Someone is always paying off somebody else.

In the case of PCWorld I don't know who. Without going into a whole spiel, sometimes some magazines have underlying interests. Not just magazines, but other news outlets. It's unfortunate now that there aren't too many reliable/neutral sources out there anymore. I wouldn't trust that part of the article. I'll just flat out say it. Maybe PCWorld is in bed with VZW or Motorola or someone. The best source in this scenario I think are the store clerks and CSRs. They're the ones you will be dealing with come X day.

Last edited:

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
lol @ the first comment of the article:
Dis fone could B teh nutz but [explative] locked up bootloader iz dump don't no Y deez punks don't give us teh rootz 4 I need rootz cuz stock theme iz dump so iz blur don't giv me no metamorf cuz its dump 2 takes mbz I need teh mbz 4 other stuf take dis boot N shuv it moto U peec uv [expletive]

You can't type that badly on accident. :p

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Someone is always paying off somebody else.

In the case of PCWorld I don't know who. Without going into a whole spiel, sometimes some magazines have underlying interests. Not just magazines, but other news outlets. It's unfortunate now that there aren't too many reliable/neutral sources out there anymore. I wouldn't trust that part of the article. I'll just flat out say it. Maybe PCWorld is in bed with VZW or Motorola or someone. The best source in this scenario I think are the store clerks and CSRs. They're the ones you will be dealing with come X day.

I agree. I stopped reading muscle mustang & Fast fords along with 5.0 because they push there sponsors product. (as the sponsors expect them to) and have questionable at best tech.

It seems like now. Laity there have been a lot of conflicting reports. Not that everything you read on the WWW is correct. But I read earlier that the 170 people that got there's early would not be able to activate them till the 15th. Now I just read on Engadget that vzw fixed there system so now those 170 people can activate there phones...

ah who knows. We'll find out the 15th

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea real unhappy about the "verizon expects delays". I guess I'll have to get there early...I was planning on just going on my way to work, but I also don't want to take any chances.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah WTF is up with the whole shortages thing!!!! Seems pretty crabby to tell everyone they have plenty and then say oh we expect shortages!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress