HeWho DOES have working wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem connecting, but I never could get the speed test to reflect the speeds that WiFi supports.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a linksys router with WPA, not broadcasting SSID and the DX was able to connect no problem. It even prompted me about connecting to my Windows Media Center.

The wifi signal seems much stronger than the Evo that I returned due to build quality issues.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is not working either. Using WPA-2 with an N router. 3G is super fast though so if you don't mind a dumb question why would I want wi-fi over 3g?

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Figured out that my DX is not able to browse on Wifi because it is failing to "Obtain IP Address"... I even check my router and it shows the device connected (confirmed the MAC address) but it is not assigning it an IP address. I have DHCP enabled and have no problems connecting with my desktop, laptop and Xbox live...oh and the network is secured by WEP key. Any tips or things I can try ? I'm really frustrated to not have this working.

itguy09

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my DX yesterday (ordered online Thurs AM) and have been having issues with my WiFi as well. Coming from an iPhone 3g which always worked flawlessly this is a little upsetting.

My setup is a little more complicated as I have both 802.11n and 802.11g running here due to some devices on both bands. Both of my routers were set for Auto channel and I think there may have been a conflict. I set one to 2 and the other to 10 and things seem to be a little better as I've been heavily using WiFi a lot since the change and all seems to be well.

I'd suggest we all call Verizon for support if for nothing else than to let them know there may be an issue. My guess is something in the phone is not handling interference well (my guess is firmware) and that may be the issue.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Some have noticed that the X likes WPA/2 better than WEP or other modes so try using WPA/2 and see what happens.

The opposite is true in my case. I had to switch from WPA/WPA2 to WEP and then my WiFi started working. With my setting on WPA, I wasn't able to connect to my network at all even though the X found it immediately. It would start to authenticate and then immediately disconnect every time I tried re-connecting. WEP solved the issue for me. I have a D-LINK DIR-601 N150 router which is compatible with the old G and B. I'd sure like to be on WPA for higher security. I'll have to play with the router settings more I guess.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My issue is that when I use the widget to turn on Wifi, it wont automatically connect to my network. The weird thing is, if I open the wifi settings menu, it will connect... I dont even have to tap on the network name or anything, just opening the menu will cause it to connect.

Its been a while since I had it, but I want to say my original moto droid did this too.

Once it connects I stay connected and it works fine.

nudave#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Same issue that some have mentioned. I connect and everything is hunky dorey...then 3-5 minutes later it drops the connection. I disabled sleep mode...hopefully that helps. I will try it when I get home.

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
mine works fine....turn it on and it finds the network immediately...even when i pull in my driveway it recognizes my wifi.....no probs here...:cool:

carver_inc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a single issue. I'm just using the wireless router supplied through AT&T DSL. Went into wifi settings on Droid, entered my network passkey, connects right up everytime I enable with wifi toggle.

jvanwinkle

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Linksys and I haven't had any issue. I just turned it on and it worked (after giving it the password of course).

Thank God it just worked cause I'm not that techno savvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch