Camera and Video Question

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure that I saw this stuff referenced somewhere in a review but now I can't find it in my DX settings: I want to be able to take a pic by first pressing the screen to focus and then holding the press to take the picture. Also I thought that there was an image stabilization setting for the camcorder. So far I have been unable to do either - running .604.

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, I found the image stabilization setting implemented as a camera scene? Why would they do that?? Can't tell it makes much difference as my pics are still not as crisp as the Palm Pre Plus or the Inc. Any ideas on the other question?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I know that the onscreen camera button you're looking for will be released with Froyo 2.2, but I think only HTC phones have that function as of right now. I could be wrong, but am 99% certain our X's do not have this.

As for the blurryness, yeah its a pain. Just hold the camera as still as possible :( and clean the lens.

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I know that the onscreen camera button you're looking for will be released with Froyo 2.2, but I think only HTC phones have that function as of right now. I could be wrong, but am 99% certain our X's do not have this.

As for the blurryness, yeah its a pain. Just hold the camera as still as possible :( and clean the lens.

Yeah, doing both - holding still and watching to make sure lens are clean. It's not that the pics are blurred so much as they just aren't sharp or maybe crisp is more the word.

Thanks for the response.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure the focus is being done right?

When you hold the camera button down slightly and it zooms in, what color does the little reticle come up as?

fmcgirt

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure the focus is being done right?

When you hold the camera button down slightly and it zooms in, what color does the little reticle come up as?

It always turns to green so the camera thinks it is focused. As I said the pics are not terrible and not really blurry just not as sharp as I would like and not as good as the Inc. I really think I am doing about as good as I can using the mechanical button and was hoping for an on screen button. Probably really need better camera software. Thanks for the response.