Droid X Froyo Question

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Seams like the Evo 4G and Incredible are getting a nice update rolled into their Froyo update. Adding 720p video, new widgets, fixes, and improvements. Does anyone think Moto will do the same for us X'ers? I would like a volume fix, actual smileys, and some new widgets or goodies on top of my Froyo. Then the X may just be the greatest phone ever. Maybe they surprise us and unlock the bootloader or add the option to run stock android without any blur, things like this. What would anyone else like to see in an update to make our Froyo that much sweeter?

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
They'll not unlock the bootloader, that's one thing that's 100% sure. Additionally, they'll not about to strip out motoblur when they just developed the UI. They're retro fitting motoblur to froyo as we speak

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Seams like the Evo 4G and Incredible are getting a nice update rolled into their Froyo update. Adding 720p video, new widgets, fixes, and improvements. Does anyone think Moto will do the same for us X'ers? I would like a volume fix, actual smileys, and some new widgets or goodies on top of my Froyo. Then the X may just be the greatest phone ever. Maybe they surprise us and unlock the bootloader or add the option to run stock android without any blur, things like this. What would anyone else like to see in an update to make our Froyo that much sweeter?

I'm sure they will include some bug fixes. There will be some included apps, whether they will be useful or not will depend on the user. There may be widget adjustments or changes. I don't believe we've seen a press release or training doc yet that explains what changes they've made.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Im just hoping for some things but like i said they are just minor gripes like the no smileys. The only real problem for me personally is the low ringer volume i hope they address.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I should of stated it better...what updates if any would you like to see if they include any with the froyo update?

What would you guys liked fixed or added?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't really ask for much since I use my own custom setup with LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets, but I would like to see:

1. Ability to separate FB contacts with Gmail contacts (or just use FB pics for contacts), though that's all part of the pseudo-blur experience so I doubt it will happen. Not too much of an issue for me though.

2. Ability to uninstall bloatware (namely Blockbuster and City ID).

3. Increased volume, general and specific

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't really ask for much since I use my own custom setup with LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets, but I would like to see:

1. Ability to separate FB contacts with Gmail contacts (or just use FB pics for contacts), though that's all part of the pseudo-blur experience so I doubt it will happen. Not too much of an issue for me though.

1. Agree.

2. Agree.

3. Agree.

jamesc

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

If I can't uninstall bloatware legally, I will root post Froyo...I almost feel bad it came to this.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just know they said that the "blur" was implimented as an App, and as such updates would not be held up/delayed. I want to see them make good on their word. They have until August 3rd to announce an upgrade date prior to the 12th, which is when the similar Droid 2 launches with 2.2, so they should have no problem hitting that date. If anything, they should rush 2.2 out for the X ASAP so they can get bug reports going so the Droid 2 can be patched quickly for a smooth launch period.

If that doesn't happen, then I'll have to consider my return options. I know Verizon doesn't want that.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If I can't uninstall bloatware legally, I will root post Froyo...I almost feel bad it came to this.

Yeah, I'm going to hold off on rooting until after Froyo. Main reason for rooting is that very appealing free wifi tethering, since Verizon is ripping it out of Froyo and charging us for it (and capping it at 2gb!!)

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
i would love to see the same quality reception i had on my original moto droid as well as louder speaker but doubt either will be fixed with froyo. a boy can dream though, can't he?

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
My ringer volume is loud enough, I'd just like to be able to cut & paste in GMail. That I can't do that on the Droid X, totally baffles me.

fecurtis

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I hope they fix the bluetooth issue where syncing it to an Infiniti (or Nissan) car won't work properly unless you disconnect and reconnect bluetooth to the car.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well look at all the cool things HTC is adding and/or fixing with their Froyo update. Adding widgets, 720p recording, Swype, and updated Facebook integration with the Calender. They are adding features to the camera and all kinds of stuff I have been reading about. So I don't think it is to far fetched for Moto to do the same when they are ready to roll out their Froyo update.

The only one I can see iffy is the speaker volume cause we don't know if it is a software issue or a hardware one. But couldn't be hard to just let the smileys show up as smiley faces, add in cut and paste, etc...Especially if these things have been included in the older Droid. Maybe it was something they overlooked when they integrated the new Blur.

I love my X and I am just excited to see what future updates can bring and what this beast is capable of. Lets just hope Moto supports it the way HTC has their phones.

c4v3man

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just hope that Motorola doesn't WAIT to add/fix all these issues. I'd love to just get 2.2, even with the same issues. Follow up with a bug fix release afterwards. I don't want to be waiting just so Facebook is better integrated or something else unrelated like that. Just release 2.2 then worry about everything else.

And I'm not saying release a buggy OS, but I's say as long as very few bugs pop up just release it ASAP.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Would really like to see some sort of nightstand mode with settings that could turn off the LED notification lights with or without turning off the notifications. Sleeping with the DX in the same room is a challenge with all its flashing lights. Even turning it over doesn't stop the flash totally.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Would really like to see some sort of nightstand mode with settings that could turn off the LED notification lights with or without turning off the notifications. Sleeping with the DX in the same room is a challenge with all its flashing lights. Even turning it over doesn't stop the flash totally.

Put a tupperware on top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana