Refund on "like-new"?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I got a new X on 8/26. VZW is sending me a "like-new" replacement today. Can I return this replacement within my 30-day window and get a refund if I decide that I don't want to keep the X?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
first since you are within your 30 days they should have replaced with a brand new device.

but since it was a technical issue i want to say that you should be able to but i am not certain.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
first since you are within your 30 days they should have replaced with a brand new device.

but since it was a technical issue i want to say that you should be able to but i am not certain.

They will replace it with a new one if I put the new replacement on a credit card till they receive my old one. I can't afford to do that, so getting the like-new. I just want to make sure I can return the like-new for a refund, and reset my new every 2, so I can get something different. (May go back to BB).

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
They will replace it with a new one if I put the new replacement on a credit card till they receive my old one. I can't afford to do that, so getting the like-new.

That's never happened to me. And I've had LOTS of replacements threw the years.

Maybe it depends how long you've been a customer? who knows.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
That's never happened to me. And I've had LOTS of replacements threw the years.

Maybe it depends how long you've been a customer? who knows.

Never happened to me before, but that is their policy with the Droid X. They do that with everyone on the X. I've been with VZW for 5 years, and they wouldn't make an exception.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea never had that issue before i totally understand your position and cant blame you lol just never heard of that.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just sent for a replacement X (bad ear piece) and was not asked for a credit card for the replacement and I was told I would get a new one because I am in my 30 day window.

She did tell me she was not seeing any back orders but has heard of it happening and if that happens and it goes past the 30 days I can not return the device only get a certified like new after that.

Also have you ever been late on your bill? If you have even been a day late 1 time in I think it is 6 months then you can not charge it to your account and maybe that is why they are asking for a credit card. I had that happen once, I think I scheduled a payment not looking at the date and it was on a Sunday and it didnt go through till the next day and it considered me late, that has also happened to me with credit cards but always got them to take away the late charge (if you ask nicely they usually do)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez