Just pushed stock battery over 24 hours on single charge

j.smilie

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I just reached the 24 hour mark on my stock battery. Now this was with moderate use (no streaming radio or heavy game playing) but I am still pretty happy. Anyone complaining about poor battery life should check rogue apps. Early on I had only about nine hours with moderate use. I installed a few apps and have seen better battery life.

This was done on a rooted droid x running the leaked 2.2.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just reached the 24 hour mark on my stock battery. Now this was with moderate use (no streaming radio or heavy game playing) but I am still pretty happy. Anyone complaining about poor battery life should check rogue apps. Early on I had only about nine hours with moderate use. I installed a few apps and have seen better battery life.

That"s awesome! :)
I got 17 hours out of mine yesterday and still watched NFL red zone for 2 hours! :) I was very happy about that.

I'm just running the stock X with 2.2

Last edited:

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I get awesome battery life out of my stock battery. Currently at 1 day 38 minutes with 60% battery life. This is with very little use of my phone over the last day (few emails, 2 phone calls, few text messages).

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

What apps are you running to help you achieve such a massive battery life?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am running NO task killer or battery apps.

Flashed the phone back to 2.1 stock before the 2.2 official upgrade.

Getting 12-15 hours plus battery life and normally still in the green before putting it back on the charger.

24 hours is awesome. I am curious if you are running any apps too.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I got 30 hours the other day with the ext battery and still had 15% left

today I have had the phone on for 7 hours and am at 90%

stock battery I was getting 14-26 hours to dead, depending on usage

j.smilie

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The only app I'm running is talk killer set at ultimate. I've used titanium to freeze a couple things but nothing else. I think the big drivers is minimal high cpu usage like games or videos. Right now I'm streaming video so my battery won't be so great today.

will123w

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
just 24 hours? I regularly go over 30-40 hours per charge. Stock battery (these results have been with eclair havent monitored with froyo yet) no task killers and I use just 2 widgets.

I'm running launcher pro with fancy widget and the social status widget.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Not my MO but I do find it very unlikely that someone is getting 24 hrs 38 min with 60% battery remaining. Did I strike a nerve?
Not only is my post not shenanigans but I'm still at 40% with 1day 10hrs and 13 minutes as we speak. I don't care if you believe it buddy. I said it was with pretty light use as I've been lying around sick most of the last few days.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been underclocking my X at 600 mhz max, 300 mhz min with SetCPU and the performance is good. I'm sure the battery will last longer this way as well.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been underclocking my X at 600 mhz max, 300 mhz min with SetCPU and the performance is good. I'm sure the battery will last longer this way as well.
Mine just really depends on the amount of usage and where I'm at. My Saturday morning charge didn't last very long at all. I took it off the charger at 11am and by 7pm, it was at 30%. However, it was heavy usage in a very sporatic 3g area.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just hit 17 hours and am at 50%! Deleted my ATK and only have a clock widget and a couple contact widgets. Texting all day and been playing games after work. That's petty good if you ask me.

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not my MO but I do find it very unlikely that someone is getting 24 hrs 38 min with 60% battery remaining. Did I strike a nerve?

Strike a nerve? Not even close. I find it hard to believe people would have nothing better to do than go make up a post about their battery life.

Stop hating, maybe you'll pick up a tip or two and you can get great battery life too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884