Problems with emails/texts/calls

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My girl is having problems with her X. She says she hardly get emails anymore unless she turns her phone off then back on. She texts and no one gets them. She tries calling and people tell her their phone never rang. And today I've been getting some of her texts but she hasn't been getting mine.

What are her best options? Will a factory reset help? Should she try to exchange it? Is this a software, hardware, or verizon network issue?

Thanks.

Not rooted and no task killers on her phone.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Is she on "airplane mode" by accident?? Sure sounds like something along those lines. Airplane Mode cuts off the X's radio, which means no email, text messages, phone capabilities, etc.

Try a battery pull - take out the battery, leave it sit for at LEAST a full minute to drain power, re-install battery and re-start. Lots of problems are solved with this, where the X can totally reprogram. Meanwhile, check the Airplane Mode setting.

Also make sure her email is set to "push" (instant downloading) with fetch intervals of something like 15 minutes if push isn't available. Also, check the Gmail account via PC to make sure the settings allow fetching her pop# accounts, if that's the way you want to go. Also, check the settings for the email accounts, if not using gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer