Odd Unlock Problem

liquidhonesty

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So my wife started finding that her phone was calling people more and more while in her purse...and then found times when it would just unlock itself for no reason. As a final test, we placed her phone on the coffee table, and every now and then out of the blue it just lights up and is at the home screen. Not even the lock screen...somehow a "ghost" has slid their finger left to right across the screen...haha.

Additionally, she can set up a PIN to keep it from getting in, but it will light up and be at that screen...which means once again it will do it while in her purse and possibly hit the "Emergency Call" button.........that's even worse!!

Anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock 2.2, unrooted. And I doubt she'd let me do a factor reset...she'd lose all your high scores on some crappy card game she plays...hehe

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The easiest "solution" to the problem is to buy a case that has a holster so you can have the screen covered at all times.

As to actually fixing the problem, id say turn off all network connection (put it in airplane mode) and turn all of your periodic updating apps off. If the problem persists it sounds like a factory reset may be needed. You can also take the phone into Verizon and ***** at them! Lol

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
another option is a custom lock screen like widget locker.
Using an app to fix core functionality is always an issue for me but if you don't care about principal and don't want to send the phone back might want to try it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87