Gallery is crashing. What up with that?

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So, my gallery is crashing every tinge I try to open it from anywhere. I can't get in from the gallery icon, by trying to change wallpaper, or even by trying to change my lp dock icons. It pops open, then force closes instantly.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's up? I'm running apex over the latest tbh deodexed 2.2, lp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ooooooo oooo weeee, what up wit dat......what up wit dat?

Seriously, the only thing I can think to suggests is to look at all you picture and video files, sorted with the most recent first, and look for a 0 bite (or oddly small) file, delete it and see if that fixes your problem. I had a similar issue wiht my camera instantly closing, and deleting the 0 bite file that I found (last picture I took) fixed it.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got it fixed. I googled "stock froyo gallery" and Cory's thread about the stock 3D gallery from this forum came up. I downloaded, opened, all pics installed, and then it force closed. Then I reopened it and everything was there. While in, I deleted out an odd album cover. Tried it a bunch of times and it was fine. Android forums come through again, but via google. Ha ha. Awesome.

The weird part is that the original gallery is still there and works now, too.

Edit: here's the link if anyone else has this problem:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-applications/25648-froyo-gallery-app-get-here.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blile

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, and I moved half of my pics to another folder. That fixed the problem. I guess the amount of files caused the gallery to crash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa