Pondering the evolution of phones...

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It really is quite amazing. Just five or so years ago, I thought my motorola E8500 was the talk of the town. It was amazing. I couldn't stop using it. And 10 years ago, phones were no where NEAR they were today. Now look what we have, a phone as powerful as the Droid X, basically a mobile computer.

What will it be like 10 years from now?! :D

E_Brown

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I find myself thinking about the same thing all the time. It is a very interesting time we live in if you're into technology. I actually said basically the same thing to a friend the other day when we were in my car listening to my ipod. 10 years ago who would have thought you could drive around with 80,000 songs at your fingertips. Its amazing.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I suspect than in 10 years most computer tasks will be performed on smartphones. In essence replacing the need for a home computer for many people. As it is, I use my home laptop much less ever since I got the Droid x. It will be much longer before phones replace my work computer though. My work software is too specialized but I guess its a matter of time before the software catches up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it will be like in 10 years, but I hope it comes with one of those futuristic flying cars they talked about us having back in the 70's.