Hopefully getting the DX in a couple hours, tips?

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.
Anyway, I'm going to the store with my brother here in about an hour to change up our plan to save some money. Since I've had my upgrade sitting around for a few months, I figure It's probably time to use it, and I've had my eye set on the DX for a while now.

From what I've read, its one of the best phones out there right now. The only reason I've been waiting so long though, is in hope of a deal (which now doesn't seem likely). Since I've waited so long, I've seen these rumors about the HTC Mecha... Should I maybe hold out for that? or just go with the X. Note, I'm in an area that probably wont even have LTE coverage if Mecha gets LTE. I'm just partial the the kickstand.

Also, if you guys have any tips or tricks and maybe some useful apps to get the most and the most battery out of my DX, I'd appreciate it.

(sorry if there is already similar threads like this; couldn't find much in search)

traindrvr63

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.
Anyway, I'm going to the store with my brother here in about an hour to change up our plan to save some money. Since I've had my upgrade sitting around for a few months, I figure It's probably time to use it, and I've had my eye set on the DX for a while now.

From what I've read, its one of the best phones out there right now. The only reason I've been waiting so long though, is in hope of a deal (which now doesn't seem likely). Since I've waited so long, I've seen these rumors about the HTC Mecha... Should I maybe hold out for that? or just go with the X. Note, I'm in an area that probably wont even have LTE coverage if Mecha gets LTE. I'm just partial the the kickstand.

Also, if you guys have any tips or tricks and maybe some useful apps to get the most and the most battery out of my DX, I'd appreciate it.

(sorry if there is already similar threads like this; couldn't find much in search)

If your in an area that wont get LTE coverage.... IMO... why have that kind of phone...and if you like the kickstand...I think Verizon or other companies sell a case for the DX that has a built in kickstand.:cool:

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I'm just always a sucker for 'newer'. LTE phones will likely cost more per month from what I've heard anyway, so it would be somewhat pointless to pay for service I don't get.

I'll have to check out that case. Was looking at the X dock thing too. Something like that would just be nice for night, or for netflix (once droid gets it).

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting the DX. Although there wasn't any deals, I just decided I didn't feel like waiting anymore.

Quite happy with it too! Much better than my old BB Storm.

silent6610

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Definitely. Of course, it'll take some getting used to. But after only having it for about 6 hours, I think I'll enjoy it. Heck, Angry Birds by itself pretty much makes it better than my old storm.

After a few months when things get too simple I might have to try playing with ROMS and stuff. Although from what I've heard modding and stuff on the DX is a little trickier than the Storm.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! I recommend Launcher Pro. It gives you a much better smoother UI than the stock moto one. There's a video on youtube about it if you want to watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38