GMail doesn't notify me when I get a new email anymore

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't get the notification anymore when I get a new e-mail.
My battery is set to performance mode and my gmail settings say to notify automatically, but I don't get the notifications anymore.
When I open up the gmail app, I have to click settings and refresh just to get the new e-mails.
Anyone know what's up?

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a google account there (my gmail address). There's no option to click "sync", I can only click sync gmail when I have it open.

But I do have "email notifications" checked in the gmail app.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a google account there (my gmail address). There's no option to click "sync", I can only click sync gmail when I have it open.

Click on the account. It will open up the sync page.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
powebar widget is an eay way to enable sync... mine is giving me an option to sync in my accounts either... but just like racinwarrior said, ad powerbar widget to homescreen and do it that way... nice tip!!!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Menu>Settings>Accounts>Choose the email account you want and turn on sync for email.

SJCT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone clarify how the power widget helps this issues? I just got an S4 and the Gmail app notifies me with a quick vibration when I receive an email but that is all. It does not display unread messages the way the the email app does. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

ibrahim Subasi

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Can someone clarify how the power widget helps this issues? I just got an S4 and the Gmail app notifies me with a quick vibration when I receive an email but that is all. It does not display unread messages the way the the email app does. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

Goto Gmail app-->settings-->select your account --> inbox sound and vibration --> make your decisions