Exchange emails

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Could anyone please tell me know do I add exchange email to my phone. I access my company's email through a website (Office Outlook Web Access), I have read about it online but still not able to figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks!

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well its quite easy actually. You can put in your credentials and hope it can do it for you or you can put in your user (user@domain.com) and password then click manual setup.

There are some things you will need to know.

Domain and Username
This field will have to be populated like so:
DOMAIN\username (without the @domain.com)

This will be related to your server address. For instance domain.company.com. Where domain is what you will put before \username

Password
Self Explanatory.

Server
This will be your companies email server address. For instance, domain.company.com

You will also want to make sure that Use SSL is checked. Accept all SSL certs is optional.

Click Next and it will try to establish a connection and may take a few minutes.

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. The web address for my company is mail.company.come, so should I put mail\username in the first field, right?

I did that and I keep getting the error - could not connect to the server. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. The web address for my company is mail.company.come, so should I put mail\username in the first field, right?

I did that and I keep getting the error - could not connect to the server. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

No, that (mail.company.come) would go in the "Server:" field.

"Username:" most likely is the same that you use to logon to your PC (domain\username). Best to get this info from your IT person.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes talk to your IT pro. Im the IT Pro here at my company. I have it setup so we use DOMAIN\username.

Every company has it set up just a little bit differently and he/she would be the best to ask.

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
If I recall correctly outlook web access is different than activesync?

It is conceivable that the company does not have activesync turned on.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
exchange email has not worked on my droid X since i got it in october, however it works for all my co-workers with droids. there is a known problem with exchange email on the droid X and i dont believe it was fully addressed in the update. so dont be surprised if it doesn't work for you.

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thing is, my co-workers have it set up on their phone, so I am pretty sure it does work. :D
I will talk to them and the IT dudes. Thanks guys!

t9giese

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
exchange email has not worked on my droid X since i got it in october, however it works for all my co-workers with droids. there is a known problem with exchange email on the droid X and i dont believe it was fully addressed in the update. so dont be surprised if it doesn't work for you.

I'm not aware of any issues. I have it connecting to many servers from 2003 to 2010. 2010 SP1 DOES require 2.2.1.