Seeking help for audio management.

djonathang

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

First, let me just say that I love my Droid X. Every day I find myself boring someone to death with all it can do. I say this even with the flaws such as the disappearance of The Gallery. The thing is still amazing!

I have had my Droid X for about 5 months. There is one aspect that I can't seem to get a handle on. It is the organization of audio files. I've downloaded: doubletwist, poweramp, winamp, etc. Although these all serve as decent players, I need help organizing.

My big problem is that podcasts, music, ringtones, notifications, etc are all showing up in those applications. As a former iPhone user, where each of those items was automatically placed in the proper location, I'm at a bit of a loss how to organize these things.

So, can someone help me figure out how to seperate and organize the various audio files?

Thank you!

DG

By the way, when a 7" tab comes out with phone capacity, I'll truly be in heaven.

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
You can also put a ".nomedia" file in the folder(s) that you do not want to show up in your music player. Create an empty folder first, put the .nomedia file in it. Then last, copy any media files into the folder. You can always rename the folder if you want. But the idea is not to just put the .nomedia file in a folder that already exists with media, as that usually does not work for some reason. I have not had any problems using this method.
If you do not know where to get the .nomedia file, just use file explorer to search your SD card for one and copy that file. Hope this helps.

djonathang

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for both pieces of advice. I appreciate your thoughts.

However, there must be something that will better serve my needs. Anyone?

Thank you!

djonathang

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for both pieces of advice. I appreciate your thoughts.

However, there must be something that will better serve my needs. Anyone?

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87