Fb notify Im new to this

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something or not doing it right since im new to android.

On my blackberry whenever some one would send a msg or post on my wall I would get a notification on my phone but on my Droid X its nothing.
What am I doing wrong?

I have the fb app from the market and then there is social networking too but I was told to try Flow (fplus) Im so lost on what to do to just get my notifications

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you will not get notifications like you did on your BB...that is of course until they finally fix that FB app. It's the app, not the phone.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's nothing to do with your device, just the FB app. Once thing I did was go into my facebook via computer and turn all my notifications to send me an email. Then once I get the email, I check my FB. Certain times, my FB apps works all the time and certain times, it doesn't work.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your X has background data sync enabled...

Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > check all three (background data, data roaming, data enabled)

There's another category on the same screen Social Applications. I don't do those, but look in that and see if there's additional things to enable data sync. Make sure all appropriate options are checked.

For your email sync notifications, go to Settings > Accounts > Gmail (make sure there's a check by the three Syncs - Contacts, Gmail, Calendar. Then hit menu again and press "sync now." That should get you up and running, for the email at least. If you have other email accounts, check them and see if there are sync options similar to Gmail.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use the paid version of Flow for notificaitons, the developer is constantly updating and making the app better and better so it was well worth the money. I still have the android FB app installed becuase I use Launcher Pro Plus and it uses the FB app (or mobile site but I prefer FB app interface) for feeds. The one thing about flow is that the widget does not show news feeds at aglance but rather will refresh, launch notification list, launch mobile site or laucn touch site.

Give Flow a try, it uses push notifcations using your emial and you can even set it to delte or archive FB email notificaitons so you dont clog up your inbox.

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Facebook updated the application recently that has notification of wall post and such
*nvm im thought but i just looked and it's not there oh well

Beamed up from DROIDX using Tapatalk

lovebug170

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
think they'll ever come up with a version that actually has notifications for fb? I recently switched to android and I do miss that aspect of my bb, the push notifications from facebook :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana