Gallery fc?

chsszc

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So my Droid x has been pretty great since I bought it the day that it came out except today the issue arose that my gallery upon opening immediately closes itself. It literally is open for one second then immediate close. I'm not rooted or anything. I restarted the phone by battery pull and everything. Anyone encounter this also? And if so what is the remedy? Thanks.

Also sorry if this was posted before but I didn't see it when I searched.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Could be a corrupted picture. Try connecting to your PC, open a file explorer window showing your sd card, go to the DCIM directory (this is where your cameras pictured are stored) and sort the files by size. Then see if any are either 0 bites or if any are really small or really big. Delete a file if you find one like that (should only be one file, if any).

If nothing turns up there, your indexes might be corrupted. On your phone, go to settings, applications, manage applications, select the All tab, scroll down to Gallery and select clear data. Your not deleting any pictures, just the galleries indexes. It will rebuild them the next time you launch the gallery, which might take a few minutes.

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Here is what worked for me...no reformat required:

Go to:
Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All tab
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, it will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Go to:
For each of the following, I clicked on Clear data and Clear cache: (Just clearing Gallery did not do it for me)
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage
Then I restarted phone by holding down power button, clicking Power Off, then held it again to turn on and working great! It did take a few minutes for the Gallery to get all the thumbnails again the first time I started it, but it works!
I was afraid I deleted all files on SD but they are all still there. Just be patient, it will take several minutes for Gallery to repopulate.

+1. I had the exact same problem and this worked perfectly.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive had this happen multiple times, even after following the steps above. So I downloaded Gallery 3D and havent had a problem since. This is the better version IMO anyway.

chsszc

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Go to:
Gallery
Media Container Service
Media Storage

This one worked. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk