How to Set Individual Ringtones for Email by Contact

alpsig

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set individual ringtones by contact for emails? I have figured out how to do it for in-coming calls and text messages.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
funnily enough, this came up on the podcast this week, i believe. it would be up to an individual app to make this possible, and as of now, i dont think there is an email app that i know of (not any reliable ones, anyway) that have this feature

strikeback03

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
How do you set it for text messages? And for that matter I tried setting one for a phone call and still had the default ringtone play when that person called.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to set individual ringtones by contact for emails? I have figured out how to do it for in-coming calls and text messages.

There isn't any apps that I know of that allows you to set different notifications for different contacts email addresses but you can use options list below to set different alerts for default email and text accounts also there is a number of apps on market that can set different custom alerts.

How do you set it for text messages? And for that matter I tried setting one for a phone call and still had the default ringtone play when that person called.

Android does not have one place for all these settings that can make it a little hard at times... Bur here is where to find settings,,,

Contact Custom Ringer Alert:
Phone > Contacts > Select Contacts Name > Left Menu Button > Edit > Scroll to Additional Info > Scroll future to Ringtone > Select Ringer > Save

Email:
Messaging > Messaging Settings > Email > Notifications > Select Ringtone

Text Messages:
Messaging > Messaging Settings > Text Messaging > Select Ringtone

Ringtones
Settings > Sounds > Phone Rintones

Default Generic Notification: (This is used if custom alert isnt accessable like when sd card is mounted)
Settings > Sounds > Notification Ringtones

Last edited:

alpsig

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
@strikeback3, I was able to set ringtones per contact for phone calls and text messages using the app Ringo. First I would take a MP3 and load into Rind Droid and create and save the ringtone from the MP3. Then I would open Ringo and set the ringtone to the appropriate contact for phone or text.

Reactions: dinod

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Have You Tried WhoIsIt?
According to the the info @ AppBrain:
* Setup different ringtones and vibration patterns for Gmail, SMS and MMS for each contact
* Announce (speak) incoming caller, Gmail, and SMS/MMS sender
* Define different volume/vibration profiles
* Setup contact-specific vibration patterns
I haven't tried this application myself but thought I'd pass on information.

fjfisher601#AC

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
"Contact Custom Ringer Alert:
Phone > Contacts > Select Contacts Name > Left Menu Button > Edit > Scroll to Additional Info > Scroll future to Ringtone > Select Ringer > Save "

Just switched form a BB 9650 to a Droid Pro- - geting sed to it quickly to- BUT this was a godsend- I never would have found these sub-menus on my own- thank you very much ! The above worked perfectly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa