Lose signal when connected to wifi

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had a problem recently where I will drop down to 1 bar of service when I connect to a wifi network. When I disconnect it will immediately jump back up to 3-4 bars. It happens every single time I connect to wifi. It isn't a big deal unless I am actually making a call, it will cause me to drop the call. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions? I'm on GB .595

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had a problem recently where I will drop down to 1 bar of service when I connect to a wifi network. When I disconnect it will immediately jump back up to 3-4 bars. It happens every single time I connect to wifi. It isn't a big deal unless I am actually making a call, it will cause me to drop the call. Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions? I'm on GB .595

You don't actually drop down to 1 bar, it just looks like you do... it's a bug... it's been around for awhile.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No, I really do drop down. My calls will drop constantly if I'm connected to wifi, then if I turn it off, everything is fine - no dropped calls. Calling from the exact same location.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No, I really do drop down. My calls will drop constantly if I'm connected to wifi, then if I turn it off, everything is fine - no dropped calls. Calling from the exact same location.

I've never had that problem and I frequently make calls at work, home, and other locations while connected to wifi and showing 1 bar. Maybe you just need to update your PRL by dialing *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2.

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that on Froyo, but works ok with Gingerbread 588 leak. If you are still running Froyo, hopefully you'll be ok when Verizon pushes out GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress