Android/Google Play Market Place Problems

Piita kun

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
So i broke my new phone and i was left with my only other smart phone lying around my Droid x2 but when i booted it and everything i saw i still had the old android market, i waited it out like some forums said to to see if itl auto update to google play, no; i tried manual updating (downloading google play off websites) still doesnt allow me to download or update, and iv clear the cache and uninstalled updates only to go back to square one.
My most recent trial left me off with error RPC:S-3 when updating and downloading
Can someone please help me fix these problems?

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
try
1. Go to menu>Settings> Accounts>>Google>>Remove your Gmail account
2. menu>Settings>Apps>manage>All> Google Play Store, Force stop, Clear data and cache, Uninstall Updates, rewipe data and cache
3. menu>Settings>Apps>manage>All> Google Service Framework, Force stop, Clear data and cache
4. menu>Settings>Apps>manage>All> Download Manager Force stop, Clear data and cache
5. menu>settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your Gmail account
6. Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
7. Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app

Lubna Kably

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, am unable to start a new thread - hence tagging on this one - as my query also pertains to google play services. I am unable to force stop google play services, after I press force stop it starts again. I don't have space on my phone for uploads to Maps, YouTube - which I don't even use. And the automatic updates just continue draining my battery. The temp fix is to keep deleting the data in google play services, till it resumes loading again. Sigh. Please help.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, am unable to start a new thread - hence tagging on this one - as my query also pertains to google play services. I am unable to force stop google play services, after I press force stop it starts again. I don't have space on my phone for uploads to Maps, YouTube - which I don't even use. And the automatic updates just continue draining my battery. The temp fix is to keep deleting the data in google play services, till it resumes loading again. Sigh. Please help.
on verizon?
several things can be tried
boot in Safe Mode and try changing settings
open play store app>menusettings>auto update>Do not auto-update apps

if that does not work a hard reset maybe needed

edit:
if you root [How To] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418 Magic MD5 Method https://docs.google.com/document/d/10icoGLMINaviCt1dqVU14lt7-cfxM-46DiASJpGWIqs/edit
you can remove the bloatware [REF] BLOAT REMOVAL/INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED 8/4/11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192795
or install Eclipse 2.3 (a custom rom) http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-roms/46031-rom-eclipse-v2-2-5-7-12-a-5.html#post580786

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith