Droid X2 spec sheet

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we are getting closer to be released with this spec sheet release. Anything surprised about or excited about or missing?

Motorola Droid X2 Full Spec Sheet Leaks Out

I think this will be the phone I get, as will be a while until I get 4G in Iowa. I think the HDMI out with the NFL app redzone would look good on the big screen, if the NFL can figure out the contract.:confused:

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link.

Only thing I notice is the 512 of ram, earlier rumors suggested 768. Either way, should be good!

Looking forward to shooting my LG Env Touch dumb phone with my Remington 870. I hope to do that this weekend. Or sell it on eBay. Ha ha.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. My BB Tour has been a good phone with the typical trackball problems though. It will be pretty useless soon, especially without WiFi. I don't think anyone will want it except for a relative hand down.

DroidPanda

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's just the ram that's not what I expected. Oh well it should still be pretty beast. I'm planning on donating my old phone to a needy recipient. Out with the old, in with the new... and the Awesome.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The reduction in RAM does bother me, if you are going to put in dual core tegra2 up the display and likely the GPU why not the RAM?

cromag.rickman

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The reduction in RAM does bother me, if you are going to put in dual core tegra2 up the display and likely the GPU why not the RAM?

I agree... I use my phone primarily for gaming, and the RAM might be a limiting factor when playing the high end 3D games from the Tegra Zone and/or Gameloft. Maybe they opted for 512 of the DDR2 RAM like what they were going to do for the Bionic? I don't see anywhere on the site that clarifies what type of RAM it is. It would make sense for them to use similar components in their "powerful" phones, considering they have the same screen size and resolution. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, yeah the reduction in RAM bothers me as well. I was planning to get this (for sure if it had a last-minute camera added to the front) but now I may hold off to see what Targa/Bionic looks like.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Phones today are tough to wait for and then you get disappointed when the specs fail to meet your needs/expectations. This could be a great phone, but will it be? What is the most critical parts in order, is it RAM, CPU, GPU, Display . . . what is going to really bog the phone down? I know the display will suck the battery down but if you get a dual core processor with a GPU but only 512MB of RAM is it a failure or not? As I contemplate my phone replacement I ask that question.

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think we're looking at two possibilities here. Maybe the 768 ram was originally listed as it is a common size in most single core chipsets right now. However, that being said, the Tegra 2 chipset does support DDR2. Either they went with a cheaper 512 ram slice, or they upgraded to the 512 DDR2 ramslice most current tegra 2's have. Also, with the aim for apps to be lightweight yet powerful- RAM should only impact one thing-multitasking.

Of course there are also tons of stuff they don't tell us as well, are caches faster, are they larger, more efficient, etc. Since the main reason I'm interested in these phones is games, there is a LOT of hardware comparisons device companies don't tell us...

For instance, the Mali 400 in the S2 and the ULP GeForce in the Tegra 2's. Mali has been demo'd to be fast, but is it efficient when handling rendering on separate screens.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, that was helpful. Android does manage its memory, but to release a phone this late without GB 2.3 is rather stupid.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
my two cents even with this RAM 512. the phone will rock what I love about my X is I have no need for apps2sd also this just a refresh not a major overhaul. you want the bad azz then hold out for the Bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is still in the running for me, but if it does not arrive with GB 2.3.x then no go. If they can get it done for the original DX, they certainly can have it done for this one, different processor or not.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
For those that are worried about the RAM, here are some more nuggets I found on the processor and the appropriate RAM details. NVIDIA Tegra 2 With the dual core and the DDR RAM, I am sure it will have enough juice to get you thru even the toughest apps with a nice display. Although it would be nice to have it maxed out (1GB) to what the processor architecture allows.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

DroidPanda

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm sure official GB will be available for the X2, if not immediately then some time soon after. Just because it doesn't come with GB at first shouldn't be the reason people don't buy it. This phone is gonna be beast mode... compared to my current phone. heheh

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not unusual, especially for Moto phones, for the successor device to be a generation older despite running on newer hardware.

Example: I got my DX in Aug or Sept of last year. When I dumped my Droid 1 for the X, the D1 was running stock Froyo that had just been released for the Droid via OTA. It was awesome!

Then several weeks later when I got my new phone, going back to the sluggish, buddy Blurified 2.1 on the X was pretty lousy, despite the huge improvement in hardware!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is still in the running for me, but if it does not arrive with GB 2.3.x then no go. If they can get it done for the original DX, they certainly can have it done for this one, different processor or not.

IIRC correctly most of the leaked pictures show the new gingerBlur, so I doubt that is an accurate spec.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Having an LG G2X running almost stock Froyo (and nearly identical hardware to what the DX2 is getting), I can tell you that 512mb of RAM is plenty.

Trust me, you're not missing much by having more.

Bonham239

May 14, 2011
Visit site
All i know is the Droid X2 looks better (all black :) ) Performs twice as fast, has a much better screen, better camera sensor for low lighting, removes the cheesy bright red camera button, will quickly get the 2.3 update, enables hdmi mirroring and has netflix now! My one gripe is no front facing camera for talking to my bro in japan, but other than that i have wifi at work, home and every where else i dont need the 4g for web browsing so im perfectly fine with the device how it is. not to mention the battery saving for the lack of 4g. :p

Last edited: