Intermittent Touchscreen Lock Up

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I received my new Droid X2 today and have been finding that every now and then the touch screen will suddenly become unresponsive. Physical keys still work but the screen won't register my touch. After a few seconds or so it works again. Very intermittent.

Wondering if anyone is experiencing this as well?

Thanks,
Seth.

sethman2010

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going crazy. The touch screen keeps locking up, physical keys still work.

I shot a video (sorry for the poor quality).

YouTube - Randomly Freezing Droid X2

Went to a VZ store to show them, of course it worked perfectly there.

Is anyone else experiencing this or do I have a bad device? I can't believe this is normal. I don't know anyone else with one to compare against.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this exact same thing on occasion. It doesn't happen enough to warrant
me exchanging it, yet it does make me wonder what's going on.

will123w

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
My original X did the same thing. Moto's software is just ****ty. Froyo was supposed to make it all better, and that didn't help. I doubt 2.3 will either :(

Stagger0

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this thing happen before on other capacitive screens. Namely, my G1, my OG Droid, an Archos 70, and a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant.

Since capacitive screens rely on a small disturbance on the electric field of the screen, things can upset this sensing ability. Namely - humidity and temperature. If I have cold fingers, (or what feels like cold fingers) I usually get very poor to no response on those devices. Also, if it is really humid, I can get little to no response.

Anything you're going to experience like this is going to be hardware related, and there is little anyone can do about it.

However, the default "home" is rather crappy, so I also use Launcher Pro instead and haven't had this problem yet.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Update: i have removed screen protector, still did it, wasted $10 sedio screen protector. removed all apps inc. adw launcher. still does it, performed factory reset, still does it. going to v.w.s. today.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Update......went to V.W.S. confirmed problem. They are shipping out a new phone for tomorrow. We will see if this is the fix. lol

bizymare

May 20, 2011
Visit site
It freezes on me, too. This is my first Droid and I couldn't even answer the phone yesterday because it was frozen.

I've also had it lock up completely the last two mornings. When I woke up ( it was charging) I had to do battery pulls. Have had 5 or 6 spontaneous reboots since Friday (May 20).

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Update.....the new phone works great now! Now my wife says the speaker phone sounds like crap like a blown speaker! OMG If this is the case it will be my 3rd phone in a week!

Rynoth

May 29, 2011
Visit site
X2 locking up after a full night of charging.

I've had my new X2 for a total of 4 days and 3 nights... everything about the phone has been fantastic, except for one very serious issue...

For 2 of the past 3 nights, I have awakened to a locked up phone. After charging through the night as I sleep, in the morning the phone is completely locked up, with a steady "green" led (as though it's still charging) even after unplugging it. I've waited for awhile and it never recovers... eventually I must do a battery pull to get it working again. Additionally, yesterday I had manually set the clock (i don't like it automatically changing time zones on me) and after the battery pull-reset, the clock showed the time as 00:54 when it was about 9AM. Somehow even the internal clock had been reset.

This is a serious issue for me as I regurlarly rely on my phone to be a dependable alarm clock.