Dell opens online store. Droid 119.99

ClickClack911

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just tried to order through that site. Got all the way through the process, got my order number and everything, but at the end I asked if the order would still go through if I was eligible only for the promo early upgrade. (I bought the Storm the day it was released last year, so it's been just under a year since I've had it)

They said it would go through if they got the OK from Verizon's part of it, and they put me through and I talked with Verizon who said that I am only eligible for upgrade if I buy from them. Buying from third party places wouldn't work.... So, if you're in the same boat, unfortunately, you can't order from them! >: /

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ive bought my phone rom Best BUy last week at $199.99. I called and they said they would not price match online retailers.

Would I have to totally cancel my NEW verizon account, and be phoneless for a couple days while I wait for the new phone via Dell, should I order? Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just tried to order through that site. Got all the way through the process, got my order number and everything, but at the end I asked if the order would still go through if I was eligible only for the promo early upgrade. (I bought the Storm the day it was released last year, so it's been just under a year since I've had it)

They said it would go through if they got the OK from Verizon's part of it, and they put me through and I talked with Verizon who said that I am only eligible for upgrade if I buy from them. Buying from third party places wouldn't work.... So, if you're in the same boat, unfortunately, you can't order from them! >: /

Sorry to hear that... :(

As an update for me, I just got back from Best Buy and they price matched the two Droids I got from them a couple of days ago... sweet. :cool:

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I live near Rochester Minnesota so that's the Best Buy I went to... I printed off the page and ran over to their wireless counter. The manager took one look at the print off and said, "Yep, we'll match that".

I figured if they didn't I'd just buy from Dell and return the Best Buy phones I got anyway so I guess they wanted my money. :)

What other prices are there... are there better deals I can maybe score??

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I agree, $119.99 is a pretty sweet deal and certainly not a price I expected to pay this soon after release. I thought the $149.99 I first paid was pretty good... and if you add in the fact that Best Buy allowed us that price on two phones, it's just stellar.

For anyone buying the Droid though I'd make sure you're OK with the battery cover tightness. My first phone (and my wife's current phone) had/have very hard to open battery covers (they way I like it), but on my second phone (did an exchange due to a faulty phone speaker) the battery cover was VERY easy to open and would fall off during calls or in my pocket. I just exchanged out for 3rd phone and the Best Buy rep was kind enough to open all their Droid boxes in search of another tight battery cover... 98% of them as very easy to open covers so be sure you test that out and are OK with it before you have them activate the phone.

...and just to be clear, it wasn't really an issue with the cover itself, but the "latches" that are inside the phone as I tried my wife's cover on my phone before the exchange and it was just as loose.

Just a tip. :)

Last edited:

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
**UPDATE**

After initially denying me a Price Match, Best Buy has give me the difference of $80 to match the Dell $119 price. What a deal! They even gave me cash!

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
**UPDATE**

After initially denying me a Price Match, Best Buy has give me the difference of $80 to match the Dell $119 price. What a deal! They even gave me cash!

Glad to hear it, they really don't have any reason not too... do they want our money or not? We can just as easily buy from Dell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87