Text Message Ringtone

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
There's an app called zedge which has some pretty good tones. If you have a tone already, open your messaging application, press menu, go to settings and pick your tone.

SoulJiah

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
To your "Text Messages"? On your memory card you have to locate the "notifications" folder thats on your SD Card. On my path to is was L:\media\audio\notifications, all you have to do is put that tone in your "notifications" folder unplug your phone and now when you go to set your alert you will see your tone!

I'm using the AOL-Got Mail Guy!

Last edited:

SoulJiah

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Or you can download the free program called Ringo Lite and it will allow you to assign different ringtones and text tones to contacts in your Address Book.

djmmjd

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
How to put any tone for Notifications Tone.

This is very simple I am still beating myself up over this. I tried SoulJiah way and I couldn't find the Notifications folder. So I went out on a limb and made my own labeled as "Notifications" and put my favorite tone in it "Beverly Hills Cop Theme" and then "Turned off USB storage" and there was the tone waiting for me in the "Notification Ringtone" area. To set your tone specifically to text messages go to the Messaging App (the green square happy face) then go to the settings there and set your tone. Hope this helps all of you they way it helped me. Any questions dont hesitate to contact me at dmat881@gmail.com

Last edited:

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I tried SoulJiah way and I couldn't find the Notifications folder. So I went out on a limb and made my own labeled as "Notifications" ...

Its been suggested to make a folder called Media in your root directory. Then make the following folders within the Media folder: Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms.

You can also make the following folders in your root directory: Music, Videos, etc.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does this work with songs for ringtones? I want a Taylor Swift song set to my boyfriend's text messages...

I'm going to try to ignore the part about this being for a Taylor Swift song, buuuutttt.....I wanted an MP3 for my alarm clock, and I ended up trimming it down to under a minute with RingDroid. It will work to just put an MP3 in your ringtone folder on your SD card, but I found that there was a significant delay when the song was 3-4 minutes long. Use RingDroid to cut it down to your favorite part. Works great.

jpalmer87

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know where to get ringtones and notification sounds at I downloaded zedge and it wont play none of the ringtones or notification sounds I download from there. So does anyone know any other app where I can go.

musickiddykat

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I used zedge for more tones and ringo lite to individualize the tones. Also used ringdroid to add some songs on my own. Thank you for all the information!!!!! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sammiekins

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Go to the music app, select a song hold down until you see use as phone ringtone. Do this to all music you want. Shut phone off, then turn back on, go to your messages press the menu button, press Message Settings, Select Ringtone. You should have them there. Good Luck!