Motorola Droid running FRG22D Froyo still lagging..

fentonmatt

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting for 2.2 to get pushed to my phone and I finally received the supposed "fixed" version of it. The version that fixed the laggyness and slowness that other people running it experienced..but, for me..it doesn't seem to be fixed. My friend had the bad version and I don't remember the build but it was right before FRG22D and just got a fix (2.2 FRG22D) and says that his phone is now running like a champ. But, I supposedly have the same version and mine is experiencing just about all of the issues that the supposed bad version had and mine is supposedly fixed..anyone have any ideas on why my phone is running way slower than it should be? Any fixes? The screen takes 5-10 seconds to load the Widgets, apps quit, and I haven't gotten Flash (even though it's installed) to work properly. I have other issues also. Anyone know why? I miss the speed and immediate response my Droid once had..about a week ago.
Btw, I recently wiped and restored my device and that did nothing. I know it's not my hardware. It has nothing's to do with memory or apps installed. I know that much. Thanks in advance to all who contribute!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

undrgnd

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing the same issues, but not to that extent. Flash works beautifully, but widgets take forever to load and sometimes multitasking is slowed down to a stop until something has to force close.

The only thing I could suggest is to go into Verizon and get them to flash the update again. Back up your data beforehand. I noticed on my Evo that the update needed a 2nd try in order to be successful.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had excessive heat, battery drain, severe lagging, freezing, and FCs on my Droid running froyo... till I swapped in a spare sd card I had available.

I ended up moving my files off my 16gb card and reformatting it. After I moved the essential files back to the 16gb card the phone has been great.

fentonmatt

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I know it's not my card, I don't think. I already reformatted it twice. But, I will go ahead and try getting the software reflashed to my device tomorrow. Thanks for the advice guys! I will be sure to let you know how that goes. If bad, I will be back on the forums in no time!

fentonmatt

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to Verizon Wireless today and they told me that they no longer reflash software unless the device is 'fried'. Sucks. I guess I'm screwed now?

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Can see if you get a warranty replacement. I would do something rather then be screwed surprised that they told you that and wouldn't flash it though.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
fentonmatt, you can flash back to the 2.1 SBF then re-upgrade. I know it sounds like a lot of work but if you're willing it's at least something.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Flashing the 2.01 sbf with rsd lite is really easy. Then you just download and force the updates to 2.1 and froyo from your SD card via update zip files.

You can get the sbf and update zips from peteralfonso.com

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I had excessive heat, battery drain, severe lagging, freezing, and FCs on my Droid running froyo... till I swapped in a spare sd card I had available.

I ended up moving my files off my 16gb card and reformatting it. After I moved the essential files back to the 16gb card the phone has been great.

What files did you move back? Did you mave back any of the wacky named folders, or just the folders of installed programs?

zap-uh

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My phone has always been a little laggy but I figured that was just the way it was. Scrolling between home screens, bringing down the notifications tab, and scrolling through the apps in the apps launcher was never ultra smooth like I've noticed on other phones (not necessarily other Droids). I thought maybe I had too much stuff going on on the home screens with apps/widgets but maybe it's just the phone or Froyo? Anyone have any ideas? It's quite a drag using my phone after using someone else's running Android or iOS and realizing how much smoother theirs is compared to mine. What I have noticed though is that by the end of the day, say like 7 or 8 pm it starts running smoother/faster. I usually start my days at like 8am and unplug my phone from the charger.