Pattern lock bug

JHass#AC

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
There is a HUGE bug with the pattern lock... I am just here to tell you if you have 15 unsuccessful attempts at unlocking your phone you will be brought to a different screen in which it will ask for your google email and password and after 20+ attempts at different variations it will not unlock ( AND YES I DO KNOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS & PASSWORD) this seems to be a bug on ALL GOOGLE OS phones but in doing research I hadn't seen it be tested for the moto droid.
Here is some proof that it is a bug:

Invalid Username & Password - Too Many Pattern Attempts - Locked out - T-Mobile Forums

BUG: Inable to login after "too many pattern attempts" with CORRECT username/password - Google Mobile Help

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I think what the OP is saying is if you do the code wrong so many times it will then ask you to enter your user name and password to unlock the phone and that is what does not work.

JHass#AC

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I think what the OP is saying is if you do the code wrong so many times it will then ask you to enter your user name and password to unlock the phone and that is what does not work.

Thanks Jeremy you got it correct!!! After 15 unsuccessful attempts it asks you for your gmail email address and that is the BUG AND DOES NOT WORK
Call it protection if you want but there is no true way to reverse it short of doing a MASTER RESET

zyxwvu44

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Jeremy you got it correct!!! After 15 unsuccessful attempts it asks you for your gmail email address and that is the BUG AND DOES NOT WORK
Call it protection if you want but there is no true way to reverse it short of doing a MASTER RESET

i see, well luckily everything should be in the cloud or on your sd card, so youll only lose some apps. i guess this does need to be fixed though!