Manually Apply 2.0.1 Update WORKING

campah

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot:2512896:86ce122fdfab1ca7aea268575ec692699c8556ab:2502656:e79414e177b152c9c3eca09f1be0c6b1b24e889")
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installattion aborted

I'm getting the exact same error, and I haven't found anyone else between this and two other forums that has. Tired now, but I've tried downloading using the Droid+Astro method (first attempt actually), then a Mac, then a Windows 7 box, always making sure it was "update.zip" and not .zip.zip.

Frustrated, even restored my phone, didn't fix. At the point it's failing at "Verifying current system", my best guess is that there's something wrong with the existing OS on our phones, and the restore doesn't fix that. I'm going to wait for the OTA on mine, and then when it most likely fails, bring it back to Best Buy because it won't update. If you find anything else out, please let me know, and I'm curious if your OTA will even work.

Be interesting to see what's similar between our two phones.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this is a temporary thing or not, but I've also noticed that the weather has returned to full functionality when docked with the multimedia station after the update. Hopefully it's here to stay this time :D

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting the exact same error, and I haven't found anyone else between this and two other forums that has. Tired now, but I've tried downloading using the Droid+Astro method (first attempt actually), then a Mac, then a Windows 7 box, always making sure it was "update.zip" and not .zip.zip.

Frustrated, even restored my phone, didn't fix. At the point it's failing at "Verifying current system", my best guess is that there's something wrong with the existing OS on our phones, and the restore doesn't fix that. I'm going to wait for the OTA on mine, and then when it most likely fails, bring it back to Best Buy because it won't update. If you find anything else out, please let me know, and I'm curious if your OTA will even work.

Be interesting to see what's similar between our two phones.

OK I tried the Droid + Astro. It also failed. Same error.:(

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I had no problems updating. A LOT quicker and simpler than my old Storm. Thanks to the uploader of the update. I just miss the old unlock screen. Everything else is great. My camera seems a lot clearer with indoor shots but that may just be my mind. LOL

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in with my experience..

Only problem I had was not placing the update.zip in the root of the sdcard (update failed). After correcting that everything went swimmingly. Not sure if anyone else had that issue or not, but figured I'd make note of it.

Note -- it took the phone quite a bit longer to reboot after applying the update -- definitely started to get nervous =)

anon(2088)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
On Device update

I have a mac... no idea how to do this. This is what I did...

Plugged in the phone to the macbook.
downloaded the file.
clicked and dragged the file onto the phone folder.
and followed the rest of the directions....

I know I am doing something wrong.

Use Astro file manager. You can do the update completely on the droid without a computer. That is what I did.

On Droid
* Install Astro file manager
* download the update zip
* rename it
* copy it to the root of your sdcard
* power off
* Do the system update

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
A couple of updates from last night that I've noticed this morning after I woke up:

• The issue with the Facebook App newsfeed showing names as "Facebook User" is no longer apparent
  • The weather inthdicator when the Droid is docked with the multimedia station (at least temporarily) seems to be working properly.
  • App and notification trays are DEFINITELY much smoother.
  • I seem to be getting more notifications from the Facebook App.
  • Camera is DEFINITELY much faster
  • Flick scrolling seems to be smoother and much more responsive
  • It seems that applications are using less memory (according to Advanced Task Manager) than before.

jbregar#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just a note to say that I'm also getting the apply_patch_check error on all three methods (Droid itself, Mac, Windows) when trying to apply the update. It appears to be failing while checksumming the existing OS.

It's odd that a factory reset doesn't allow it to go through. I'm guessing that we've got a slightly different hardware revision (check the build date under your battery, mine's 40/09) that needs a slightly different update than the one that's been leaked.

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for posting this! Downloaded it, and updated my phone in less than 5 minutes. What a breeze in comparison to my old Storm 1! Anyways, just some quick observations that I saw immediately:

1) Camera is indeed MUCH faster. Can't say much about the quality but at least when you take a picture, it goes back to camera mode much faster than before.

2) Transitions between home screens (Using dxTop) is much faster and smoother. Same applies for the app trays (dxTop has two)

3) Applications in general seem smoother. Had an issue trying to open up the Gallery from the home screen (it wasn't opening) but all I did was remove the icon and re-added it. Works now!

4) Browser seems slightly faster but the scrolling may be a bit less smooth than before. However, not a big deal (at least to me!)

5) No word on Facebook yet, has anybody been receiving notifications?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for posting this! Downloaded it, and updated my phone in less than 5 minutes. What a breeze in comparison to my old Storm 1! Anyways, just some quick observations that I saw immediately:

1) Camera is indeed MUCH faster. Can't say much about the quality but at least when you take a picture, it goes back to camera mode much faster than before.

2) Transitions between home screens (Using dxTop) is much faster and smoother. Same applies for the app trays (dxTop has two)

3) Applications in general seem smoother. Had an issue trying to open up the Gallery from the home screen (it wasn't opening) but all I did was remove the icon and re-added it. Works now!

4) Browser seems slightly faster but the scrolling may be a bit less smooth than before. However, not a big deal (at least to me!)

5) No word on Facebook yet, has anybody been receiving notifications?

Still no Notifications if someone writes on your wall or something, but now I'm receiving notifications if someone tags me in a post or "pokes" me. Weird...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89