Droid Speaker and Keyboeard backlights went out

tonyloke

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So i woke up this morning to 13 missed calls and 23 unread text messages..... i thought i was drugged and happened to sleep through all of that but as i was looking at my screen a phone call came in and the ringer was not working.. it was just vibrating like crazy!! and then when i went to send a text the keyboard and touch buttons at the bottom did not light up! so i restarted the phone multiple times and still no sounds on startup ringtones or texts... but when i play music it works fine... does anyone have a solution for this before i head over to verizon??

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Could it be that you have the ringer volume on vibrate?
Sounds stupid, I know, but it's happened to me before. The fact that music plays isn't an indicator of the ringer, since it uses the media volume setting and not the ringer volume.

As for the keyboard and home buttons, that might have just been an ambient light issue. Was your overhead light on, or were you in the dark. If they weren't coming on in the dark, then I'd be worried. A hard reset would probably fix that problem though, or both issues for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38