So much disappointment (S22 Ultra, US T-mobile)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive Only used the buds live and first generation buds
My collection of earbuds

I mostly use the recently released airpods 3 since that fits the best for my ears. On the Android side, the buds 2 fits better than the pixel buds or the pixel buds A. But I agree the Pixel buds has much richer sound compared the Samsung buds 2. Had buds pro earlier but sold it last year and wasn't a fan of how the buds pro fit.

20220225_114236.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My collection of earbuds

I mostly use the recently released airpods 3 since that fits the best for my ears. On the Android side, the buds 2 fits better than the pixel buds or the pixel buds A. But I agree the Pixel buds has much richer sound compared the Samsung buds 2. Had buds pro earlier but sold it last year and wasn't a fan of how the buds pro fit.

View attachment 342173
You just as bad as me lolPXL_20220225_194851310~2.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You just as bad as me lolView attachment 342174
I did try the newly released Sony Linkbuds thinking it'll be a comfortable fit and will be good for podcasts. Lots of good reviews last week before release on how good they fit etc. So ordered them but didn't like one bit on how they fit and sounded so returned it after couple of days. Think all the promotional paid YouTube reviews got me to buy and try it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did try the newly released Sony Linkbuds thinking it'll be a comfortable fit and will be good for podcasts. Lots of good reviews last week before release on how good they fit etc. So ordered them but didn't like one bit on how they fit and sounded so returned it after couple of days. Think all the promotional paid YouTube reviews got me to buy and try it
Yeah i hear you lol , im pretty happy with google buds for now and use them across all phones until something else , wanted to try Samsung pro but wasn't available once i deleted my intial preorder and did the 2nd one

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
FYI that camera you like is the reason the phone can't lay flat, significantly larger image sensor than the older phones like your Note 9 resulted in large camera humps.

Some of the changes you mention started with the S10 series, I jumped from the Note 9 to Note 20U and had some similar complaints.

Worshipper

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
You're wearing them wrong

This might be true. I found the buds live really uncomfortable until I realized I was wearing them wrong. I would rate them now as the most comfortable ear buds I've ever worn. I do prefer my Sony xm buds because I think they have much better features. I got the buds live for free in a preorder deal but I'll never get rid of them because they are so comfortable

desnabc44

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the note 9 myself.
I feel your pain.
I also miss the way I could unlock the note9 with a hard press to the screen.

Also coming from the Note 9 and just discovered today that there's no way to hard press the home button to wake up/unlock. I'm not a fan of the double tap to wake. I just got it yesterday and know there will be some things I'll have to get used to so I'm giving it time.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Also coming from the Note 9 and just discovered today that there's no way to hard press the home button to wake up/unlock. I'm not a fan of the double tap to wake. I just got it yesterday and know there will be some things I'll have to get used to so I'm giving it time.
Use face recognition..double tap and in ...

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine wakes up by just pressing the finger print sensor. I think there is a setting for that, but I can't remember the specifics right now.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Mine wakes up by just pressing the finger print sensor. I think there is a setting for that, but I can't remember the specifics right now.
Yes that also works with AOD
3165a75574c4f7331e86fa78f1785cb7.jpg

catspyjamas

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Yikes. My Note 9 purchased in late 2019 was fully charged to 100% last night, and when I checked it this morning exactly 12 hours later it was on 91%. The battery isn't anything like as long lasting as when I bought it of course, but I hate to think what it would be like now at this age, if that sort of drain was happening out of the box. I have my eye on the s22 ultra only because the Note 9 is about to never get security updates. I don't care about not getting general software updates but security updates are an essential.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
This might be true. I found the buds live really uncomfortable until I realized I was wearing them wrong. I would rate them now as the most comfortable ear buds I've ever worn. I do prefer my Sony xm buds because I think they have much better features. I got the buds live for free in a preorder deal but I'll never get rid of them because they are so comfortable
The first time I used them I was like why is the sound so low until I turned them upward in my ear and instantly the sound louder ha ha.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yikes. My Note 9 purchased in late 2019 was fully charged to 100% last night, and when I checked it this morning exactly 12 hours later it was on 91%. The battery isn't anything like as long lasting as when I bought it of course, but I hate to think what it would be like now at this age, if that sort of drain was happening out of the box. I have my eye on the s22 ultra only because the Note 9 is about to never get security updates. I don't care about not getting general software updates but security updates are an essential.

What happens if you don't get a security update?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you don't get a security update?
Security patches take care of vulnerability that makes your phone unsafe. But will someone exploit your phone using that vulnerability? Chances are low that someone is going to target you. But in general it's safe to have security patches applied so that your phone is much safer from know vulnerability that malicious actors or compromised apps/websites can utilize to compromise your device.

I can't imagine myself using a phone that's not getting any security updates but that's my personal choice. Up to you if that's important or not.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Security patches take care of vulnerability that makes your phone unsafe. But will someone exploit your phone using that vulnerability? Chances are low that someone is going to target you. But in general it's safe to have security patches applied so that your phone is much safer from know vulnerability that malicious actors or compromised apps/websites can utilize to compromise your device.

I can't imagine myself using a phone that's not getting any security updates but that's my personal choice. Up to you if that's important or not.

Glitchy updates are overrated. But why keep a phone so long anyways when there's been so many improvements in the hardware?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire