From Blackberry to Droid

gramirez023

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Is their any app or program I can use to transfer all my informaton from my Blackberry Curve 8330 to my Motorola Droid. For instance, information like my notes, calendar informtion and saved e-mail, things of that sort. Thank You for your time! :)

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Calendar will back up with GoogleSync, but I don't know about notes and emails (unless they're GMail, then those are on the server).

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Calendar will back up with GoogleSync, but I don't know about notes and emails (unless they're GMail, then those are on the server).

Google Sync will take your contacts and calendar yes. The BB API does not allow apps to remove email or SMS's from the handset for security reasons. However since GMail mail is actually hosted on the server that will appear seamless.

AdorableDroid

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a BB Tour myself, I sat down and started entering contacts into my phone. After about 10 of 122, I thought it was crazy as I was still learning how to adjust to Droids keyboard. I clicked on my contacts and there were people there that I hadnt entered that were only in my gmail account. Then it dawned on me. I went to my computer, logged into my gmail account and just started adding contacts with phone numbers only. I can type 75 words a minute so it only took 5 minutes to enter everyone. When I was done, I picked up my phone and Gmail had sync'ed them all to my phone. It was heaven!

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
If you still have the Blackberry active you can even run Google Sync on it which will save you all that trouble. Thats what I did before switching from my BB 8330 to my Droid.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of options. If you synced with Outlook you can export from Outlook and import into gmail. Desktop Manager should allow you to export to CSV using the ASCII importer/exporter.

Mail might be tricky. I don't know of a good way of transferring mail from one device to the other.

xrandallx#AC

Mar 18, 2010
www.facebook.com
I currently have a bb 8530 and going to the droid tomorrow or friday when i get my check i used google sync to back up my contacts and calendar so i dont have to redo it all lol

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Ther are some (PC) apps available that will extract info from your BB backup file in text or CSV form. Some are completely free and others have free trials. The will let you extract any save emails, too. The one I used also extracted sms messages.

-SR-

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I used some blackberry app to dump the notes to SD card and then manually import them into my droid. I use GDocs w/ sync which syncs to google docs. It was painful but it was the only method. I forgot them name of the app. I'll have to find my 8830 and find out the name of the app. But there was no conversion program available to do such a thing unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89