Volume on your headphones too low? Try this.

Godbilla

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I copied this over from my reply at Howardforums and thought I'd share it here.

I noticed if you make a phone call while listening to music then hang up, the music will get exceptionally louder..almost too loud. And when you get a text the music will get quiet. So put your phone on silent when you're listening to music. Also, when you close the music player it will reset the loudness. I just call VM CS number so it doesn't waste my minutes... Let it ring once or twice otherwise it won't change..theres a jerry rig fix until custom rom I guess.

Edit**
I can confirm this works with Pandora too.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smoothback

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem as well with my Triumph and have been trying to find exactly why the hell it was doing this. Thanks a lot for this work around! Lol VM CS is the first number in my contacts list now.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed if you have google music and the standard music app installed and switch between the two it will reset the volume. This worked for awhile but it didn't seem to work today.. no idea why.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks TONS!! This workaround works for WinAmp too. I ripped my mp3's with 100% volume and they played great in my old OV. My new MT played them at about 70% of that. My Pink Floyd stuff sucked at that volume! I also have acoustic Bob Dylan. He was too low to hear at all! Now all my old "hippie tunes", as my kids call them, sounds great! Peace & Love !:D