ApeX 1.3.1 on Droid X!

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm back too. Feel a little dirty about it....flirting w/ other roms that is,lol.

Anyway I noticed on my phone that the overheating was coming from me Undervolting my phone. It appears that the processor wasn't getting enough juice, so i was actually making it work harder. Since I've put it back to stock voltage the OVERheating has gone. Sounds weird I know...but try it out. I haven't hit 100 F since.

Wow... I've never hit that high. The only time it got into the 90's is when I have little to no signal and it's working to pick up reception somehow while I'm using it.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I replaced the keyboard to the black keyboard from Prefer Black Above White? Get a Black Keyboard for your Droid X | xda-developers

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE DEFAULT KEYBOARD TO MULTITOUCH BLACK DEFAULT

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is nice! Is this the same keyboard found in Rom Manager (WJD Designs)?

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow... I've never hit that high. The only time it got into the 90's is when I have little to no signal and it's working to pick up reception somehow while I'm using it.

I was getting 105 just downloading apps from Market....Something was way off there.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My first big problem with this ROM happened at 6:30 this morning. I use my X as my alarm clock and it has always worked...like always. Then, I wake up this morning to my wall clock showing 6:30 instead of my usual 5:30am. Lo and behold, I look at my X and it has a Force Close for "Android Process". This is the 6th or 7th time this has happened in the past week and a half. I am very upset about it and hope this bug is ironed-out in the future. Looks like I'll be using a backup alarm now, as well.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I was getting 105 just downloading apps from Market....Something was way off there.

Yea that's definitely not normal at all. There might be some other settings enabled that could be causing high temperatures. Maybe try a wipe of the phone completely and a fresh install of ApeX, then reconfigure it. When you restore the settings from a backup, whatever is causing the high temperatures is coming back with it.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My first big problem with this ROM happened at 6:30 this morning. I use my X as my alarm clock and it has always worked...like always. Then, I wake up this morning to my wall clock showing 6:30 instead of my usual 5:30am. Lo and behold, I look at my X and it has a Force Close for "Android Process". This is the 6th or 7th time this has happened in the past week and a half. I am very upset about it and hope this bug is ironed-out in the future. Looks like I'll be using a backup alarm now, as well.

That's unusual. All six or seven times it's been the same exact thing?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I just wiped cache, so we'll see if it fixes my problem. If not, I heard installing from ROM Manager helped some people...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is nice! Is this the same keyboard found in Rom Manager (WJD Designs)?

I am unsure, I just missed my black shiny keyboard and decided to give it a try and was happy it worked, now I am hoping to be able to find a port of 928 Droid X Black Glass theme for Apex rom and then I will be in heaven.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've not had a single issue with the Apex rom.. alarm works fine, no force closes at all, downloading/installing apps from the market works fine.. battery life is great and it's super smooth.. guess I'm lucky.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure, I just missed my black shiny keyboard and decided to give it a try and was happy it worked, now I am hoping to be able to find a port of 928 Droid X Black Glass theme for Apex rom and then I will be in heaven.

Let us know if you find a way to do so, I'm interested in having that theme as well.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm back too. Feel a little dirty about it....flirting w/ other roms that is,lol.

Anyway I noticed on my phone that the overheating was coming from me Undervolting my phone. It appears that the processor wasn't getting enough juice, so i was actually making it work harder. Since I've put it back to stock voltage the OVERheating has gone. Sounds weird I know...but try it out. I haven't hit 100 F since.

im back as well. the fact that my phone would reboot when ending a call sealed the deal for me to come back to apex

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In Rom Manager select Fix Permissions. This seems to have helped on similar issues for me. WILDMAN I erased data in Market, that cleared up some apps not updating.....thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
In Rom Manager select Fix Permissions. This seems to have helped on similar issues for me. WILDMAN I erased data in Market, that cleared up some apps not updating.....thanks.

I've done the fix permissions before and it did seem to clear things up, it does take a while though.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
DL'n 1.3.1 from ROM manager... does it require a data wipe to install the update,coming from 1.3.0? I'm not really sure... skatedawg, we're gonna get you some results here,buddy

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
DL'n 1.3.1 from ROM manager... does it require a data wipe to install the update,coming from 1.3.0? I'm not really sure... skatedawg, we're gonna get you some results here,buddy

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

No wipe is required if updating from 1.3.0, I updated without the wipe and it worked fine. Full wipe is only needed if coming from a different rom.

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
just wiped the data associated with my aosp gallery program and noticed that the phone (over the slower wifi connection at work) spent a couple of hours re-downloading data associated with my many picasa web album pics, getting a bit warm doing so and using a fair bit of battery. for me, that's well worth the energy consumed (having picasa associated with the pics on my device relatively seamlessly). just thought i'd mention it for those who experience poor battery life. you may want to let the device run a day or two as-is and see if it improves.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. On the latest handscent update it says better support for apex rom.

Anyone know how they support it better by any chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty