GB Leak.. email/gmail very slow to update..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice that corporate email and Gmail are very slow to update post GB leak?

I have multiple Android devices and it seems the DX on GB is the slowest to get new email after the install..

anyone else notice this?

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Gmail seems fine. Whenever I'm using Talk on my computer and a new e-mail pops up my phone usually notifies me soon after.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Boot a few times, gether to settle. I have been through most corners of the OS, and have yet to find anything worse than froyo. Seems much faster after a factory reset though.

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine was still quite laggy after factory reset. Ended up finding it to be a certificate issue (incoming server/advanced settings). Unchecked it and it and all is well.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a Atrix, Streak, OG Droid, DroidX and seems the DX on GB is the last to get emails..

hrm, I'll try the cert.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya I have noticed this since my Gb update. I have the Xoom and my X and when I was on 2.2 my Xoom got emails first then about 5 seconds later my X got them. After the update I have found that my Xoom gets the mail and I have even done a manual refresh and still does not bring up the new mail on my X. So not sure what the issue is.. I will try the certificates and see if that helps.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you on wifi? I had to delete wifi profiles and set up wifi over after GB update. Data was spotty and intermittent with errors for corporate email sync.

jnnyr

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The cerificate settings can be gotten to from the email settings.

Go to your messaging widget. Click on it. Here you will see all your email programs (Gmail, Comcast, Text messaging, Yahoo, etc.). On your button bar click the menu button and you'll get the bottom menu options. Select manage accounts.
Here is the screen where you set your incoming and outgoing server settings. Go ahead and select the email account you are trying to change.
Once ou select one the settings selections come up (General, Incoming Server, Outgoing Server, Other). Click on the Outgoing and you will see the check boxes for certificate verification, Once selected go back to previous screen and do the same for the inbox.

Then you are done.

Reactions: vor

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
hmm, I'm not seeing that, but then again I'm only using Yahoo email address's. Could be those don't have changeable settings for certificates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19