Xoom Buying Question ... Need help please.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a line on a brand new in the box 32GB 3G Xoom from a friend of mine's co-worker. The cost is $350. The problem is the ESN is listed as "lost" with Verizon. I have no idea of the circumstances surrounding how he came across it, but I suppose it "fell of the truck" so to speak. I know, I know :-\ I'm just saying to myself reported lost is better than stolen.

The big question I have is regarding updates. How can I go about updating this thing if I buy it? I think I have read 3.2 is not out for the 3G models... Will I be able to update it in the future? Or will the current WiFi only model update work? I am not interested in 3G or even 4G features as I will not give VZW any extra money for a separate data plan. It would be used as a wi-fi only tablet and tethered to my DX as needed.

FWIW this person selling it has a Xoom for himself from the same batch that Moto has already honored warranty service on, so I think I'm OK as far as support goes. Is it worth the $350 in this situation??

Reactions: dieselnyc

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
NOT worth it.

Just go with the $100 Staples coupon and get the WiFi for $399. It's not like you would be able to hook this "Lost ESN" one up with Verizon anyway.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Run, don't walk from this guy. It's not worth it... not even for a single dollar. You may get charged with possession of stolen property. In fact, you've just admitted in a public forum that you have reason to believe it is hot. Between that admission and that fact that this is a coworker/friend of yours, reasonable doubt flies out the window. I'm sitting here thinking you're as guilty as sin and you don't even have the unit yet!

Once you have something like that on your record, you're done. If you are over 21, we might as well put a fork in you. It stays on your record forever. My company would never hire you. I would never hire you. If you screwed up, the person that hired you would be to blame... they should have known better.

Just like nobody ever got fired for hiring a Princeton Grad, no matter how big a moron he seems to be, nobody would keep their job by hiring someone with a record.

Don't screw up your future to save a couple/few hundred bucks. Seriously. If you had any real friends, they should slap you in the back of the head and call you a friggin' moron for even considering it.

Consider me that missing friend.

Last edited:

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Run, don't walk from this guy. It's not worth it... not even for a single dollar. You may get charged with possession of stolen property. In fact, you've just admitted in a public forum that you have reason to believe it is hot. Between that admission and that fact that this is a coworker/friend of yours, reasonable doubt flies out the window. I'm sitting here thinking your as guilty as sin and you don't even have the unit yet!

Once you have something like that on your record, you're done. If you are over 21, we might as well put a fork in you. It stays on your record forever. My company would never hire you. I would never hire you. If you screwed up, the person that hired you would be to blame... they should have known better.

Just like nobody every got fired for hiring a Princeton Grad, no matter how big a moron he seems to be, nobody would keep their job by hiring a someone with a record.

Don't screw up your future to save a couple/few hundred bucks. Seriously. If you had any real friends, they slap you in the back of the head and call you a friggin' moron for even considering it.

Consider me that missing friend.
MMM'kay... Opinion duly noted. Thanks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38