For those of you who've had it for 24 hours, are you satisfied?

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky and ordered one with the 25% off coupon, but hadn't originally planned to buy one. I'm still waiting to see what ipad2 will be like, but I'm curious for those who already have one, do you like it? And what do you find yourself doing on it?

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky and ordered one with the 25% off coupon, but hadn't originally planned to buy one. I'm still waiting to see what ipad2 will be like, but I'm curious for those who already have one, do you like it? And what do you find yourself doing on it?

Umm yes and everything. :) Honestly mine has been getting a workout since buying. Been playing games on lunc (Dungeon Defender is harder than the cartoony looks make it out to be, but cordy just sucks, IMO) customizing the desktop which it is nice to have so much room on it, and browsing the web. I keep up on alot of forums, so it is nice to be able to read everything on there in a good size screen. I still tend to come to my PC for long responses (IE this one) but the reading is nice on the tablet. (need to buy a BT keyboard...at least i know i do)

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I love mine!

Its definitely a replacement for my old laptop.

I manage my mediacenter, and other home PC's with it. Surf the web and do email.

Im in the process of moving my music library and some movies to it.

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup, loving it, got mine on a 2-year contract but will most likely just cancel after a year or so anyway when something new and faster comes out. Unless it's skinned, then I'm sticking with the Xoom :)

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I unloaded my laptop about 2 hours after I picked up my Xoom, I reformatted it the night before so it would be ready to go. I'll borrow my sons for the occasionally long post and for movie files to my Xoom.

pdizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it's great. Settled on Dolphin Browser as the stock one had some issues with certain javascripts. But my first impression is that I will be using this thing alot and my tablet PC's days are numbered! Of course there are some glitchy behaviors, but nothing that would be considered a deal breaker.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
what media center / app do you have?

I record my stuff with windows 7 media center. I connect into my home network via VPN with my Xoom and/or my droid x. I then can use a vnc client to remote my PC's. I also have an app called remote media center that I can schedule, watch and delete shows remotely.

Currently the remote viewing does not work on the Xoom. I hope that gets fixed soon.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

I know this discount is good til the 15th, but does anyone know if they'll cut it short for the Xoom?

Sent from my INCredible phone

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this discount is good til the 15th, but does anyone know if they'll cut it short for the Xoom?

Sent from my INCredible phone
That discount was only good for a couple of hours yesterday, once moto realized that 25% coupon worked with purchasing the xoom they canceled the discount code.

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my xoom I had every intention of returning it if I wasn't happy. Well let me tell you my expectations have been exceeded in every way. Its quick at everything it does. Gmail, maps, navigation, browser are all unbelievably fast and highly functional. Build quality is phenomenal. Stereo speakers are loud and clear. Keyboard is fantastic. My only real complaint is lack of Adobe Flash, but that will come. I'm not a big fan of Steve Jobs, but man was he ever right about the tablet form factor. I never knew I needed a tablet but now I could never live without it. If you get a Xoom I can promise you will not be disappointed.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I love it. It has a little of a learning curve (Honeycomb that is). I keep looking for a home button. lol

I really want skype to start working with this thing.