Riddled with mistakes

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I stumbled upon this write up or review I guess and couldn't believe the amount of mistakes and misinformation oozing from every paragraph. I was actually angry after reading it because it really would make the uninformed consumer think the xoom is a giant piece of crap which all know it isn't. Anyway I know its the internet and you can't always trust what you read but this is ridiculous. Lemme know what you guys think. Happy xooming!

MediaPost Publications Motorola Xoom, Google Honeycomb OS Riddled With Problems 03/10/2011

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree, it's not the most accurate article but, some things in it I agree with. Saying the battery life only last 2-4 hours is big time mis-information.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well saying the battery life is 2-4 hours is probably almost intentional misinformation, but also claiming that the standby time is 14 hours as opposed to the 14 days further suggests that this was a smear job.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea and I'm sure this isn't the only smear review of the xoom out there. I seem to be getting the idea that there is a somewhat organized effort to pan the xoom to prevent com really taking of. However I fell confidential that the xoom will be successful after the next few months with wifi flash SD apps and updates to honeycomb. Can't let these "people" get us down. The xoom is a seriously good device that will only get better.:)

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
That sucks I tried to regester and it is a big scam anyways. They needed my address and a bunch of other information. Then wanted to know what my company does and what advertising I would be interested in receiving. I was going to give them a piece of my mind.

But sort guys not willing to have my email and possibly my PO box spamed with unwanted solicitations.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Its probably better you didn't sign up. Like you said I would see spam in your inboxes future haha. Garbage site anyway..

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
That article is complete BS and a biased epic fail. Even my Apple fan wife thinks it is totally BS. I've used my Xoom non-stop since I bought on 3/3 with not one freeze, issue, close etc at all. I'm totally new to Android and think the UI is simple and easy to learn... very intuitive.

I've had a blast using it and am beyond amazed at the quality and ease of use.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad your having a good experience. I also have had no issues with my xoom the battery life is simply astonishing. My wife can't believe how long it lasts she just loves it and tells me everyday how much better it is over an ipad. I guess it a good sign when the wife's digging your latest electronic purchase. ;-) I see you were as upset after reading this as I was.some people are just haters. Jealously is the highest form of flattery.

Last edited:

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess it a good sign when the wife's digging your latest electronic purchase.

It is NOT a good thing when one's wife digs one's latest electronic purchase. My wife loves playing Fruit Ninja on my Xoom, and that seriously cuts down on my own time with it. Frankly, I wish she hated it.

Last edited:

Charisma#WN

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife has an ipad. I showed her my new XOOM and where the on button is. Without anything else demonstrated, she now wants to sell her ipad and get a XOOM because the new Ipad 2 is not as good, especially the small screen with and the wrong shape (aspect) for video. The XOOM battery lasts me 2 days complete and it has never froze...............