Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi Tablet Review

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what would happen if you dropped a Xoom, but if they were making Thunderball in 2011, Odd Job would be using a Xoom rather than his hat to slice off the arms of the stone statue. There's a lot more to a good tablet than brick outhouse build quality, though.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL - update, my 1 year old daughter was standing up on the table and picked my xoom up and promptly dropped it from about 4 feet in the air onto my tile floor (kitchen) - I kid you not...the tile floor cracked, the xoom is undamaged!

Xoom Build Quality = Win

Jack

SquintySteam

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
the OS makes you feel dumb because its simple to use.

You must have reading comprehension problems if that's what you get out of the review and I'd avoid calling anyone else dumb until you can get this problem under control.

We're all ecstatic you enjoy your iPad. Just think how fulfilled you would feel if you didn't need everyone else to validate your decision.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL - update, my 1 year old daughter was standing up on the table and picked my xoom up and promptly dropped it from about 4 feet in the air onto my tile floor (kitchen) - I kid you not...the tile floor cracked, the xoom is undamaged!

Xoom Build Quality = Win

Jack

Check the iFixit teardown. This thing would probably literally stop bullets.

b4ux1t3

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple problems with your review. First of all, you spent way too much energy focusing on how much Apple sucks. That's not the point of a review. You're supposed to tell us about a product, not obsess over how "stupid and mindless" Apple supporters are.

There were also several misspellings and grammatical issues (feng-shui*). Those, though, are expected, I suppose. No one is perfect. No, I think my biggest complaint is your utter lack of objectiveness. While you should never judge any gadget in a void (at which point every device becomes perfect), you also shouldn't spend half the article touting your Google-fanboy-ness.

A few notes you should take into consideration before yelling at me for criticizing you:
I am NOT an Apple supporter.
I am NOT a faceless troll who just wants to make your epeen shrink.
I am NOT trying to tell you that I didn't take your review into consideration when I was looking at which Android tablet to buy (It was actually very helpful, overall).
I AM just trying to help.

Good day!