Screen problems

chibichan

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had my mytouch 3g slide for over a year now. Recently, the screen started acting funny whenever I would slide up the screen it would start repeating. What I did was I would turn off my phone then turn it on. Afterwards, my phone wouldn't start up again until I push a whole bunch of random keys then the screen showed up again.

However, on saturday I left my phone in my jacket while I was at a party. It was at 30% I'm guessing, then when I got back 3 hours later the screen turned off completely. The battery probably died, but then when I plugged it back into the charger it would vibrate as it it was going to turn on, but then nothing would show up on the screen! I've taken out the battery and put it back in a couple times but it still won't work. All it would do was vibrate as if it was going to turn on but nothing would show up on the screen.

Anybody else have this problem and have a solution to it?

snogle

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well this isn't good.

I have the same screen issue, its been happening for about a day now. My phone is also just over a year old. Mine goes away if I turn off the screen and then turn it on again, but comes back rather quickly. If I power off my phone and turn it back on, the problem goes away for a short time and then returns. It may have nothing to do with the powering off, it could be happening by chance. Maybe it is a physical problem? Also, when I open messaging with the screen shifted, it changes as I type. The screen will get farther and farther off.

I really hope my screen doesn't die like yours did...

I might try a hard reset tonight to see if that does the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non