still worth buying in 2017?

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to be getting a new phone here soon, and so far none of the releases look interesting and with Samsung going to all curved glass is the nextbit worth buying in 2017 to get me to next year or maybe a little after?

lasoiveille

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Depends what you're looking for :) I just took the plunge and I'm totally excited with a phone so unique and doing its own thing. Being it's supposed to have support until Feb 2018, you should be good :) For the price (got mine for 149), it's hard to beat, really.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I find it interesting also and was considering either it or the Nexus 5x but I'm thinking at 149 I am gonna go after it also I really like the style they went with what color did you end up getting?

lasoiveille

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, they're pretty similar in specs (Robin has 3GB RAM vs Nexus 2GB). I went with mint. It wasn't an easy choice, but the mint just seemed more "robin" like! I also ordered the midnight bruises case, so it's kinda like having the best of both, in a way. :) Either color is really pretty, though. I just thought mint was more unique.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
OP, if you're choosing between the 5X and the Robin, the Robin is a better performer. The 5X does have the better camera and fingerprint scanner, but it isn't aging as well from what I've heard.

Robin looks nice...I own the mint one. If you can get the red + black or the red + yellow models (both are hard to find), that's as unique as the mint.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for response, I think I have planned on getting Robin to get me through atleast this year. Especially after seeing what Samsung is putting out (I hate curved screens) I have pretty much ruled out every big name this release cycle.

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
OP, you want one new, mint or used? I may be willing to part with my used one at a decent price (especially if you are in the US).

skinbubble

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
As someone who as owned this phone for awhile, if price is a factor of the purchase, the phone is good for the price. However, if you want a quality phone, consider waiting a few weeks/months as there are a few phones coming out after Google I/O. I like (but not love)my Robin as it was a good phone for the price. There is now a warp on the frame as it was a plastic phone with a metal frame that is normal (or so Robin claimed when I contacted them). So my phone rocks slightly as the frame has warpped in the first few months, but the over feel/working of the phone has been acceptible.

MrsNorris428

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have mint Robin and I love it, it's not the most powerful phone but its still running well and I can't get over how unique it is. All of the other designs look boring in comparison.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday, Mint, and will receive it today. Got the Amazon Prime sale of $118. My Nexus 5 is on its last legs and I couldn't afford a new phone, so getting this for such a steal will tide me over for quite some time. And it will have 7.1.1 plus security patches through February 2018.

I had been looking at the Robin pretty much since release but as noted couldn't afford a new phone plus my Nexus was fine at the time. Completely psyched to be getting it now.

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
For the bargain price of around 120 it's a no brainier if you need a cheap fast phone, not to mention it has the latest nougat and NFC. The build is all plastic though and keep it mind all warranty and support has but cut off from the company after being taken over by Razer.