My XO Skin shipped

wheezy

May 13, 2011
Visit site

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Got an email around 7 last night saying it shipped with tracking. I still don't have my Nexus 4 yet... Hopefully the skin gets here before the phone. These have been the best protectors I have used, no orange peel. Got the full body to cover all the glass. Since I will be using bumpers, I got the case fit version.

Google Nexus 4 Full Body Protector - Case Fit [Google Nexus 4 Full Body Protector - Case Fit] - $22.46 : Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

Any news when your phone comes in and you can overload us with pics & a review of the XO skin? I'm rocking the bumper with no issues so far, but the following quote from Phil on the Droid DNA has me worried and wondering if I should get the XO Skin:

But for Lloyd's sake, be careful putting that phone down face-first. Yes, it's got Gorilla Glass 2, but you'll still scratch it if you're not careful. Or probably even if you are careful. Consider yourselves warned.​

To clarify ---- this worries me b/c the N4 has Gorilla Glass 2..... so yeah

Last edited:

dano_tech

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my Xo skin protector today. And my nexus 4 was delivered also! Oh, happy day!
So far so good. Getting it all set up. I played with it in the T-Mobile store do was basically familiar with the set up. Makes a great addition to the nexus 7 tab.

saundersadam

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I received my Xo skin protector today. And my nexus 4 was delivered also! Oh, happy day!
So far so good. Getting it all set up. I played with it in the T-Mobile store do was basically familiar with the set up. Makes a great addition to the nexus 7 tab.

how is the screen protector? I just ordered a full body one.

dano_tech

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Seems good. It is the spray on liquid application variety. Goes on good and once the liquid is dry it is on. Has a minor tacky feel. I miss the glassy slickness but that is the price you pay for a little protection. I bought one for my nexus 7 also.

Pr3mier

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

I put mine on yesterday. I purchased the full screen protector, not the case-fit type. Not a bad cut. There was hardly any room for error because it was cut almost exactly the same size as the glass, curves and all. Very minimal orange peel (cleanest I've seen), slight rubbery feel, no air bubbles after 12 hours.
I do see a slight imperfection in the film though. There is a tiny mark probably made from manufacturing or packaging. It doesn't bother me. I also have one dust particle on the top right corner.
Overall it is a good wet-install SP. I plan to keep it on unless it interferes with future phone cases.

teerone

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread is oldish and i'm new, but I am thinking about getting a XOSKIN for my Nex4. How are your skins?
Now that it has been on your phones awhile?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non