XtremeGuard Proximity Sensor Cutout

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I emailed xtremeguards and they said they could provide me with a replacement. I don't know if I should take it since it isn't a huge problem and I fixed it myself. But that's pretty good customer service from xtremeguards, especially since the screen protector only cost $4.00.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I decided to do what you did and e-mailed them in regards to my shields not having the cutoff. They said they would send me 3 new shields in 5-11 days and if I wanted, I could still get a refund.

Talk about excellent customer service--No hassles on the phone, product replacement, and still offered a refund if not satisfied.

Last edited:

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine Xtremeguard from Amazon and was surprised to see it has both cutouts. Now to wrap my brain around putting that much water onto my precious device to apply it.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I decided to do what you did and e-mailed them in regards to my shields not having the cutoff. They said they would send me 3 new shields in 5-11 days and if I wanted, I could still get a refund.

Talk about excellent customer service--No hassles on the phone, product replacement, and still offered a refund if not satisfied.
Yeah, I am satisfied with their customer service as well. I will most likely do business with them in the future. But that's crazy that they said they would send you three new guards! They just told me they would replace my set (both front and back) and if I still wanted a refund they would give me it. But really I would feel bad getting my money back for two screen guards. It didn't inconvenience me that much and I got great service from them.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine Xtremeguard from Amazon and was surprised to see it has both cutouts. Now to wrap my brain around putting that much water onto my precious device to apply it.
Haha yeah, I know that feel. Just make sure to turn your Nexus 4 off before you do it. My method is to use one hand to hold a microfiber or thin towel on one edge of the phone, then use the other to squeegee the water out, pulling towards the edge with the towel. That way not very much water can seep between the cracks because the towel soaks it up quickly. I have never had a problem in about 4 years of using wet install screen protectors.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
am sorry you had any trouble whatsoever with your order. We
sincerely care about your satisfaction. I have gone ahead and issued a
Replacement for your order, expect it in 5-11 business days. Of course
as a customer courtesy if you still desire in the future I can issue a
full refund. Have a fantastic day!
Sincerely Your Seller, Allan

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I emailed BestSkinsEver support last week to let them know that I had issues with their screen shield and the prox sensor.

Today they responded:

Hello ****,

Reference order #: ******

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We did not experience any interference from our Skin during our in-house testing of the Nexus 4 proximity sensor. But we have redesigned our Skin so that there is now a cutout for the proximity sensor.

We will be happy to provide you with the Nexus 4 screen Skin with proximity sensor cutouts on order #****.

Thank you for your business. Please contact us if we may be of further service.

Best regards,
Tracy M
Support Team
Phone Skins | Screen Protectors | iPhone & iPad Skins | Best Skins Ever

Great on their part.

canary_111

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Same thing for me. Send them email any got new one with cuts on them.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my XtremeGuard full body for $3.99 from ebay, but it did not have the new cut outs, I asked for a revised corrected version, they now have sent me an iPhone 5 full body screen protectors.

I once again sent in notice for my wanting a revised version with the cut outs for the proximity sensors and wondering what I will get next time. If all else fails I will just cut out the areas where the proximity sensor is with a hole punch, but every time I ask for the correct screen full body protectors I get an automatic response and a free set of protectors :) with an offer for a full refund if not happy.

When it comes to the soapy water, be sure to have a can of air just in case it gets into your ear piece so you can quickly blow it out, but gently do it, in other words don't go pointing it directly in the ear piece and tear something up, a few quick bursts should do it.

Last edited:

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop :D
uploadfromtaptalk1357003739432.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1357003752598.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1357003766446.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Same here, except I e-mailed them through amazon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non