Recommendations for less slippery case for N4

bokeh4me

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Love the phone, but not sold on the cases I ordered from Amazon. Got two of the Diztronic cases, as they had the best recommendations. Id prefer something that wasn't so slippery. Any tried the lloyd cases from here yet? I do like the back graphic on them. I just dont want to keep ordering cases after cases till I find one that isnt slippery.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The s- line tpu ones aren't too slippery on the back and the sides are textured which makes them really easy to hold.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Love the phone, but not sold on the cases I ordered from Amazon. Got two of the Diztronic cases, as they had the best recommendations. Id prefer something that wasn't so slippery. Any tried the lloyd cases from here yet? I do like the back graphic on them. I just dont want to keep ordering cases after cases till I find one that isnt slippery.

Right now, this is the best protection for least amount of money. I bought two and they are a good product, a rubbery skin covered by a snap around hard cover. Similar to a Ballistic without the front cover. Lay phone face down and rubber extends past front and is non slip, extra thick rubber corner bumpers, rubber disks extend slightly thru rear hard cover giving non slip. No better protection available for the price.
Amazon.com: Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4 (Black): Sports & Outdoors

nailPuppy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered three cases when I got my Nexus 4. I got a Ringke slim, i-Blason slim s-line tpu, and this case off eBay

That eBay case is awesome. I'm kind of biased, I used a fishbone type case on my old ipod touch and my last cellphone. I really like silicone cases with plastic brackets for extra protection.

This one is great. Fits the phone well, the harder plastic fits the silicone really tight, no gaps or annoying wiggling. The silicone is even raised up around the inputs, camera, speaker, etc. Makes it rise up to the level of the harder plastic so it stays put, keeps dust out a lot better than the design of the similar case I had on my last phone.

Also works on orb charger, nice bonus. Buttons work great, has a nice silicone bevel around the screen so you can set it face-down on your desk without worrying about dings.

So yeah, if you like the silicone case but need something that can slip in your pocket then check it out. Two thumbs up.

I don't care for the ringke slim, doesn't feel like it actually protects the phone at all. The i-Blason just feels cheap, I paid $10 for it on Amazon and it turns out its the exact same case Gameklip sent me for $2.95 so now I have two of the damned things. At least one of them will get used for the gameklip.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind a little bulk but want lots of peace of mind I really like using the "Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Google Nexus 4" that I got on Amazon. I don't think it would pass a "drop test" but the N4 feels so fragile that I don't any case is going to protect from a drop but this case is the next best thing.

Editing this post becuase I just saw that mawil1013 recommended the same case I just recommended.

Last edited: