Launchers

NicUK

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I was thinking of installing a launcher on my Nexus 4, just for a change really and I just wondered how safe they are, I've read all sorts of stuff about them apparently being able to record everything your doing and then sending it back to some server where in the world.

That can't be right can it? Not for ones in the Google Play store.

So my question is this, are launchers (say Nova) safe to use? and If I un-install it, does it actually completely uninstall it?

Thanks,

Nic

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Completely safe and definitely worth checking out. I use Nova.. I like a mostly stock launcher that has many options for customization. I only take advantage of a few things but it is absolutely worth it. Customizing your homescreens and folder options is nice, you can tweak animations and speed, etc. And I can't live without gesture control for a few things.. Such as being able to swipe down anywhere on the screen to bring down the notification pulldown (seriously when you get used to that you can't go back to having to reach to the top every time), and swipe up for the app drawer - let's me remove that icon from the homescreen to help with my minimalist setup (see screenshot).

Try some launchers out, you have nothing to worry about, and you can just easily uninstall it if you change your mind. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366291154224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366291154224.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 36

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Your good as long as you stick with the well known launchers, like Nova/Apex/etc... Like 2def, I'm a big Nova fan. My favorite thing about it is being able to back up your home screens. If you totally wipe/reset your phone or if you like to flash ROM's, getting your screen back to the way it was only takes a few seconds.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Go is excellent also.

I use to run GO on my older Droids and it would be slightly lagged but not an issue for me. When I got my new Droid I checked out Nova and Apex and wow, amazing. I still have both on my phone but I like Nova better. I just wish the Nova Prime was free. I also use to use GO SMS Pro but for some reason I can't customize my texting like I use to. My GFs phone does the same. She runs GO SMS Pro and can't customize the texting anymore. So, I switched to Handcent, which is (in my opinion) a much better and smoother texting app anyhow.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Most Launchers are safe.
Check how much people have downloaded it, and read the comments.
Used Nova, it was safe. And Apex, again which was safe.
Sent from my XOOM.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Nova Prime currently...it feels more like an enhancement of the stock launcher (touchwiz) than a complete overhaul. I used Go for a long time, but it seemed a bit too bulky... like it cared more about style than substance.

Other than that, I've tried ADW, launcher pro, and a host of others... most are very similar to Nova, which seemed to be the one that gave me the features I wanted most in a launcher... no complaints.

Sent from my SCH-I200

droid2drummer

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
ADW is better then Nova and Apex.

I admire your opinion. I used to like adw myself back in gingerbread days a few years ago. I have to disagree however. I do think that nova prime brings it home. Then maybe apex then when I need a big change I use spb

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38