Any trouble making 32gb work for you?

Failure2Comply

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 4 with a 64gb sd card, neither are full but together are using about 30gb. I can scale down some apps and pics but wonder why a 64gb version was not offered. I would be all over it with 64gb.
thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You'd probably want to get 64 then. If you plan on keeping this phone for a year or longer the price difference isn't much. And you avoid the problem of having to delete stuff frequently or having to change your usage just to stay under the storage capacity. The 32 GB model has about 24 GB available, whereas the 64 GB model is upwards of 50

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You'd probably want to get 64 then. If you plan on keeping this phone for a year or longer the price difference isn't much. And you avoid the problem of having to delete stuff frequently or having to change your usage just to stay under the storage capacity. The 32 GB model has about 24 GB available, whereas the 64 GB model is upwards of 50

But there's not a 64 GB version of the 5X; the largest option is the 32 GB.

Failure2Comply

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 5x only came in 16 or 32gb?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 4 with a 64gb sd card, neither are full but together are using about 30gb. I can scale down some apps and pics but wonder why a 64gb version was not offered. I would be all over it with 64gb.
thanks.

The goal was to make a successor to the 5 and the 5x is it in specs and pricing. I think putting in more storage would have changed the price structure--probably the same reason the 5x only got 2GB RAM.

I live in the Google Cloud. I store very little on the device itself. Music comes from Google Play Music, and photos are in Google Photos (maybe a dozen are on the device at any one time). I keep only apps that I actually use on the device--everything else just gets loaded when I need it.

I suspect that Google likes people like me as I'm completely hooked on all of their services....and this is yet another reason why a bigger storage option may not have been offered.

Failure2Comply

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The size and other specs of the phone are what drives me to it plus Google Android updates. I had an S3, then a Note 3, and now a Note 4. The Note is just starting to feel too big and cumbersome, the 5.2" screen is very appealing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty