5X arrived. installed latest N build instantly. some initial small thoughts.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I loaded Android N on the 5X instantly. This thing feels extremely smooth. I purchased it in hopes to hold me over until the next Nexus line comes out. I had the 6P, sold it, bought an HTC 10 and had intentions to sell it to pocket the extra 200 in savings compared to what I just spent on the 5X.

It feels nicer in the hand than my 10 does. Way lighter.

I also like the realistic and natural colors on the screen and pictures I take more with the 5X.

Even though I didn't part with my 6P for long, having the 5X has made me really miss stock Android and has me contemplating returning it to just get the 6P again. I can get a brand new 32gb 6P for 380 with a discount I can use, but this clearly defeats the purpose of me wanting to save money for the next Nexus.

For anyone else using Android N on their 5X, how has it been treating you?

And any input would be great. I'm trying to be patient in waiting for the next Nexus line but playing around with stock Android again and especially N makes me want the 6P again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I loaded Android N on the 5X instantly. This thing feels extremely smooth. I purchased it in hopes to hold me over until the next Nexus line comes out. I had the 6P, sold it, bought an HTC 10 and had intentions to sell it to pocket the extra 200 in savings compared to what I just spent on the 5X.

It feels nicer in the hand than my 10 does. Way lighter.

I also like the realistic and natural colors on the screen and pictures I take more with the 5X.

Even though I didn't part with my 6P for long, having the 5X has made me really miss stock Android and has me contemplating returning it to just get the 6P again. I can get a brand new 32gb 6P for 380 with a discount I can use, but this clearly defeats the purpose of me wanting to save money for the next Nexus.

For anyone else using Android N on their 5X, how has it been treating you?

And any input would be great. I'm trying to be patient in waiting for the next Nexus line but playing around with stock Android again and especially N makes me want the 6P again.

Not sure how the 5x on stock android makes you miss stock android?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how the 5x on stock android makes you miss stock android?
I think he means returning to the close-to-stock Android experience while using the 5x (even though Nexus don't use stock Android) compared to the M10, which seems to be the device he was previously using.

zambi82

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Been running N on my 5X for a few weeks now. Very smooth. No issues for me, other than my MagicJack app crashing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think he means returning to the close-to-stock Android experience while using the 5x (even though Nexus don't use stock Android) compared to the M10, which seems to be the device he was previously using.

Idk, based on the quote from the article 'having the 5X has made me really miss stock Android and has me contemplating returning it to just get the 6P again." not sure how the stock android on the 5x is much different than the 6p (aka it's not)

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When N became available OTA I signed up and had it in a few hours. I knew it was a beta and was prepared to go back to Android 6 but had no need to. I had a glitch with one of my apps, Kindle, but Kindle came out with an update that seemed to take care of the problem.

Within a few weeks it was running absolutely smooth and I have no regrets doing the beta. I liked Android 6 and I like Android 7 more. Didn't care for Android 5 but 5.1 was usable.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Idk, based on the quote from the article 'having the 5X has made me really miss stock Android and has me contemplating returning it to just get the 6P again." not sure how the stock android on the 5x is much different than the 6p (aka it's not)

Exactly what SRK said. Having the 5X after having the HTC 10 , but before the 10 having the 6P, made me miss stock Android and is making me contemplate just going back to the 6P all together.

And while it's not different, the experience would be even faster due to the more powerful 6P which I never got to experience with this N build. So with the better hardware and now this N release, it makes me want to experience it on the 6P now.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Did the same think. Sold my 6p in preparation for the next Nexus. Had 6p since it came out. Awesome device. But I upgrade every year. 5x is my back up phone until the next new toy becomes available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty