Why does my Nexus 6p screen go black when I try to call someone?

Manoj Rathnam

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
my nexus 6p screen goes black when i try to call someone .

when i try to call someone , after dialling their number my screen goes black and i cant able to see whether the call is in progress or disconnected . and i am unable to see the call duration or add a person for a conference call since my screen is going black and don't have the option to disconnect the call too .. is this a Bug or is there any setting is there for this issue to get sorted out . do help me in this guys , am having very bad times here with this issue .

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: my nexus 6p screen goes black when i try to call someone .

You probably have a screen protector covering the proximity sensor which is located just to the right edge of the earpiece, the purpose of which is to black out/disable the screen when you hold the phone against your ear and face.

JoeyZhao

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Something must have triggered the proximity sensor during dialing/calling phase.

If the issue is persistent then it must be the case. Also note if you have a magnetic holder for the phone, dont put it on the lower right corner on the back , it will shut your screen also.

welshmikie

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi mate i had that issue with a glass screen protector. Had to get one with the correct cut outs

BluSurf

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I had your problem two weeks ago. It drove me crazy for a few hours until I called Fi support. They were outstanding. Google had me remove the case and screen protector. They did not have the proper "cut outs". I contacted both companies since I purchased through Amazon and they already had the new "stuff" with proper cutouts shipping. They told me throw then away and the new stuff arrived already and work perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa