Caller ID oddity

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a weird issue with my caller ID. I don't know if it's the phone or one of my apps. I have two apps that I use that may or may not be affecting this and hoping someone can give me insight to fix my problem. My problem is that ONLY on my notifications, it will show after I receive a missed call, one listing in English. This one is clearly coming from the Sync.me app. However, I'll also get a second notification that is in all Chinese or Korean (sorry but like most Americans, I'm not able to distinguish). My guess is that it's not coming from the Sync.me app, but tell me if I'm wrong. I do, however, have a second app that might be the issue. It is GRE Dialer Lite. That app shows phone history which is why I want to keep it, and also allows for one handed dialing. However, when I tap the Chinese/Korean notification, it brings me to the GRE Dialer history screen. Interestingly on that screen it shows the number in English. No other languages show up. So any ideas on how to get rid of this unwanted notification?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's taking you to GRE then it's definitely the app causing it. Are there any Settings in that app for notification alerts? I have Sync.Me and it does allow you to control which things you see, and I don't have any duplicate notifications or in foreign languages.

But if GRE doesn't have that control, you can go to the App's info in the Application Manager and un-tick the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option. That should block all notifications from that app. Bear in mind that if you do use some useful notifications from the app, those will be blocked as well.

To make sure it IS coming from GRE, tap and hold on the notification. It should turn into an Info card. Tap that and see what Application Manager app info comes up.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Apparently, it was that app since I've gotten phone calls after doing the following steps below, and it doesn't come up anymore. There was no setting for language, but I had to go into a deeper setting that led me to notification access. I just turned it off which I guess doesn't "fix" the problem, but at least I don't have to deal with that extra notification. Thanks for the advice.